Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 04:29 PM

303 posts, read 821,257 times

Advertisements

I have never been to Sac and never want to live in Cali. I just must say I have an observation. When I worked in a call center, I could predict that if the area code on the caller ID was 916, the person was going to be a rude demanding jerk. 9 times out of 10, I was right. Later on in a different state, I met the meanest person I have ever met who had just moved to Oregon from you guessed it, Sacramento. I used to take calls from all over the US and even New Yorkers were much friendlier. I just want to know, what is it about Sacramento that makes people so nasty and are they all that way?

Old 01-11-2008, 05:16 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,696,911 times
Depends - what are they calling you about?

Old 01-11-2008, 08:42 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,208,139 times
With a metro population of about 2 million it would be pretty silly to generalize about the population. All types of personalities reside here, and I have found the folks to generally be pretty friendly.

Old 01-12-2008, 12:39 AM

791 posts, read 2,958,123 times
I don't know about the city of Sacramento but I lived in a suburb and found the people to be very polite for the most part.Maybe everyone that called you was just pissed off, are you in a customer service call center? I wouldn't say Sacramento is filled with anymore buttholes than anywhere else. In fact I found more rude people in nothern Idaho than anywhere else I have lived.

Old 01-12-2008, 07:01 AM

433 posts, read 2,355,724 times
Have you ever realized that Sacramento used to be a HUGE call center headquarters? HUGE. MEGA HUGE. We were like ground zero as in non-stop calls to us. Have you ever looked at a Sacramento phone book? Probably 98% of the people don't have their address listed. We just simply want to be left alone.

And of course we were rude to the endless idiots who used to pound our phones day and night and interrupt our dinner all the time. That is NORMAL human behavior when you are under attack from call center sharks. And we had TONS of practice being rude. It became a survival skill. Sacramento people can spot BS from a mile away. Call some place in Idaho or Washington or some of those clucks in the Midwest. Just don't call us!

The BEST LAW ever passed was that national do not call list. Now we can have our lives back. So don't dial 916 and you should do just fine.

Old 01-12-2008, 11:31 AM

1,510 posts, read 5,066,110 times
I've not been to Sacramento, but this:

Quote:
Here are the problems with Sacramento:

1. stupid people
2. ugly people
3. crime
4. horrible traffic problem
5. track homes that all look the same and are too expensive
6. no culture
7. smog
8. rude people
9. shopping carts and overgrown dried lawns everywhere
can be found in cities across the country, so if youre moving to another place and expect everything to be perfect, you need to come back to reality.

Old 01-12-2008, 03:03 PM

303 posts, read 821,257 times
Default Thanks

OK. First off I should have been clear. I was not in an outbound call center but rather an inbound call center. I was doing computer tech support. Now i realize I got people at their worst. i was generalizing but I took calls from people at their worst all over north america

The person who mentioned north idaho being rude. I somewhat agree. I spend 6 months in couer d alene. Beautiful place but truly really weird leave me the f*ck alone kind of people. Howver Spokane had nice people. Also Boise has some of the friendliest folks I have met. That was where I lived at the time I had the job in the call center.

Old 01-12-2008, 03:57 PM

6 posts, read 36,399 times
Sacramento is the epicenter for State of California workers as it is the capital of CA. Plus tons of county jobs with the millions of people living in the environs. Sacramento residents are noticeably hostile and difficult to deal with- must be some kind of bureaucratically acquired disease. It's nothing new- I've been visiting the city for most of my life.

Old 01-12-2008, 09:32 PM

3 posts, read 13,429 times
I moved here from Socal & notice that whenever I meet someone really great, they tend to be from Socal or some other place. I think the problem with sac residents is that many of them are imported from the bay area & I have never met ruder, more self absorbed people that don't have time for you than in the bay area. I lived there for 2 years & was completely miserable. In general Sacramento is much better but have noticed the huge influx of bay area people has made it worse. The roads are more crowded & no one lets you merge anymore. The people in southern california are so much friendlier, more interesting & more mellow than anywhere else in the state. I think beach people & surfers are just less stressed and more about enjoying life.

Old 01-13-2008, 12:44 PM

141 posts, read 534,622 times
First of all you're an egomaniac that believes your perceptions are reality. You statistical analysis are flawed but you believe you're correct. Typical foolishness. A little maturity might help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritbear928 View Post
I have never been to Sac and never want to live in Cali. I just must say I have an observation. When I worked in a call center, I could predict that if the area code on the caller ID was 916, the person was going to be a rude demanding jerk. 9 times out of 10, I was right. Later on in a different state, I met the meanest person I have ever met who had just moved to Oregon from you guessed it, Sacramento. I used to take calls from all over the US and even New Yorkers were much friendlier. I just want to know, what is it about Sacramento that makes people so nasty and are they all that way?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento