Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 02:43 PM

251 posts, read 376,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post

I have the latest & greatest with xfinity Comcast, 105 mgb. Got the $200 visa credit too.
I've never had a cable package before. I have cable, phone & internet and it's expensive. $120/m (reg price $170/m). The salesman told me to call back at the end of a year & renegotiate the contract for a cheaper rate in year 2.
I'd be cautious of this, sounds like a salesman pitch to get you to sign up knowing that in a year when you call in it won't be his problem. If anyone tells me to sign the contract and then try to renegotiate I'm running the opposite direction. I used to work customer service for a cell phone company and had to deal with situations like this all the time, where salesmen would make erroneous promises to get the sale then just tell the customer to call cs to fix it. In the end of the day by signing the contract you are agreeing to the terms of said contract.

OP,

If you do go with comcast or any provider for that matter make sure to read the fine print.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2015, 04:30 PM

30 posts, read 44,144 times
Your choices will all depend on what area you will be living in. I live in Roseville and currently have Consolidated Communications for my service. They offer a great plan to new subscribers just like all of the other companies around town. I used to have Comcast and had poor signal and multiple bad experiences with their tech support/customer service. I have fiber running to my house so I'm really happy with the service although it is kinda pricey now that my introductory deal has ended.

AT&T Uverse is very similar to Consolidated Communications.

I personally don't like Comcast due to a poor experience. Also, they are still running over copper which is the "ice age" compared to fiber. If all of your neighbors have the same service you will expect to see poor service.

Old 03-30-2015, 06:22 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,844,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekjones View Post
I'd be cautious of this, sounds like a salesman pitch to get you to sign up knowing that in a year when you call in it won't be his problem. If anyone tells me to sign the contract and then try to renegotiate I'm running the opposite direction. I used to work customer service for a cell phone company and had to deal with situations like this all the time, where salesmen would make erroneous promises to get the sale then just tell the customer to call cs to fix it. In the end of the day by signing the contract you are agreeing to the terms of said contract.

OP,

If you do go with comcast or any provider for that matter make sure to read the fine print.
That may be, but Comcast service is still head over hills better than Direct TV.
I ALWAYS read the fine print, and make sure whatever has been verbally promised is actually there.
And again, I'd rather have Comcast than Direct TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by homesbyheath View Post
I personally don't like Comcast due to a poor experience. Also, they are still running over copper which is the "ice age" compared to fiber. If all of your neighbors have the same service you will expect to see poor service.
Comcast is running fiber in my neighborhood in Folsom. They are the preferred vendor for my job, so this is part of the reason why I went with them. I was having a lot of latency with ATT.

I think each person has to weigh out the pros & cons. NONE of the companies are ideal. Or even close to it.

Old 03-31-2015, 09:08 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
You can get Comcast without a contract for $10 a month extra, that's what we did and would have stayed with them if Uverse hadn't lured us away with a better offer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento