Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 10:43 PM

53 posts, read 375,556 times

Advertisements

I'm starting a new job and was wondering which insurance to pick. I live in Rocklin so I would be going to the Roseville facilities. So which give better health care overall, Sutter Roseville or Kaiser Roseville?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2010, 10:46 PM

2,511 posts, read 6,295,937 times
You will probably be happier with Sutter.

Old 01-18-2010, 10:57 AM

28,113 posts, read 63,642,682 times
I realize the question is better Health Care... but, I also think the general attitude of employees makes a difference...

I work in Health Care... not for Sutter or Kaiser. Have lots of colleagues working at Sutter oe Kaiser... right now, Kaiser is the hands down favorite...

Sutter has had lots of dissatisfied Nurses and there have been several strikes at both Sutter Facilities in my area over closing facilities...

All those I know that went to Kaiser are glad they did...

Old 01-18-2010, 01:18 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,462,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairytalelover View Post
I'm starting a new job and was wondering which insurance to pick. I live in Rocklin so I would be going to the Roseville facilities. So which give better health care overall, Sutter Roseville or Kaiser Roseville?
One of the benefits of Kaiser is that it's one-stop shopping. Everything is under one roof and they don't spare the wellness services, pharmacy, lab, x-ray, etc. Kaiser is one of the things we miss most, having moved to a state they don 't serve.

Old 01-18-2010, 01:48 PM

Sutter has everything under one roof out in Roseville. If you are in Sacramento you will find everything in Midtown Sacramento within the same distance that you would walking through one of Kaiser's hospitals.

As for favorites, I haven't seen any real surveys published. I've only heard of opinions by fans of Kaiser. I've heard plenty of opinions from people who don't like Kaiser. If you prefer the traditional kind of doctor's offices, go with Sutter. Some people don't like the huge waiting rooms full of people at Kaiser, and that is the way I feel about it. It is almost like waiting among a herd of cattle.

But then, some people like it.

UD, Davis Medical is excellent too. I don't know if they have anything out in Roseville though.

Old 01-18-2010, 05:24 PM
GLS

1,985 posts, read 5,378,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairytalelover View Post
Personally, it would be unprofessional for me to offer negative comments about Kaiser. The other posters are free to share their experiences on this issue.

However, I have served as a consultant to the Sutter Transitional and Respiratory Unit at Sutter Roseville for several years and would offer the following observations: The staff on the STARS unit takes care of the most complex and medically challenging patients imaginable. These patients require long-term maintenance on ventilators as a result of anoxic encephalopathy or may be comatose secondary to head and neck trauma.

I have found the Pulmonologists dedicated, competent, and responsive to consulting recommendations. They are assisted by an experienced and caring Nurse Practitioner. The team of CNAs and Nurses are thorough, knowledgeable, and are tireless in their efforts to comfort the patients.
In addition, other hospital departments such as Radiology, Respiratory therapy, and Pharmacy work closely with the STARS staff as a team to provide the expertise these patients require. Finally, I also have to compliment Nursing Management ( and this is saying something since I am reputed to have "authority issues" and am not usually respectful of management). Both the Director of Nursing for the unit and her assistant place clinical goals ahead of financial or political pressures. They are
relentless in their advocacy of what is best for the patient.

In summary,in choosing your insurance there are a myriad of factors to consider. However, from my experience, the quality of care at Sutter Roseville is excellent. I hope an inpatient stay is not in your future, and I particularly pray you never need the services of the STARS unit, but if you do, you couldn't be in better hands.

Old 01-18-2010, 06:54 PM

49 posts, read 189,077 times
Since we are talking about heathcare--Does any one do cardiac ultrasound?? I'm going to be moving to the Sac area and would like to either work for Kaiser or Sutter as an echo tech..

Old 01-18-2010, 07:07 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,462,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamarranaz View Post
Since we are talking about heathcare--Does any one do cardiac ultrasound?? I'm going to be moving to the Sac area and would like to either work for Kaiser or Sutter as an echo tech..
If you're referring to echocardiograms, Kaiser - South Sacramento does them. I had one!

Old 01-18-2010, 07:09 PM

53 posts, read 375,556 times
Thank you for all of this input. It's very helpful. What is your opinion on the maternity care for Sutter Roseville and Kaiser Roseville?

Old 01-18-2010, 08:29 PM

And make sure you have some flexibility to change doctors if you end up with one who is a flake. I had that problem with Kaiser and they wouldn't let me change doctors, so I dropped Kaiser.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento