Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2015, 06:48 PM

174 posts, read 221,469 times

Advertisements

I'm trying to find affordable senior housing, particularly one that will accept pets, which is surprisingly challenging! I'm also trying to find a place that doesn't have a roach problem.

I've lived in Sacramento for a couple years but have never been to the Foothill Farms senior apartments on Auburn Blvd near Garfield.

Is anyone familiar with that area or those apartments?

I'll go check out the area myself but sometimes looks can be deceiving. I'm also considering a brand new complex in Solvang but they will only accept service animals.

I thought I'd post here in case anyone has info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2015, 09:01 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
you can go to the doctor and get a letter stating your pets are service animals, I know someone who did that, somehow they got the doctor to say the pet was needed for 'emotional support'

Old 12-10-2015, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
you can go to the doctor and get a letter stating your pets are service animals, I know someone who did that, somehow they got the doctor to say the pet was needed for 'emotional support'
Good suggestion! I think my doctor would be willing to write a note. I wonder if it would work for two cats.

I'd much rather live in Solvang if I can figure out how to find an extra $150 per month.

Old 12-10-2015, 10:39 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhummingbird View Post
Good suggestion! I think my doctor would be willing to write a note. I wonder if it would work for two cats. I'd much rather live in Solvang if I can figure out how to find an extra $150 per month.
I'm not sure about two cats but I knew a young woman who had some psychological issues & she got a letter from her doctor that her 2 pit bulls were necessary for her emotional support & should be considered 'service dogs'.

Old 12-11-2015, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I'm not sure about two cats but I knew a young woman who had some psychological issues & she got a letter from her doctor that her 2 pit bulls were necessary for her emotional support & should be considered 'service dogs'.
My doctor doesn't think I have psychological issues but maybe he would be willing to write they help me deal with anxiety due to PTSD from being diagnosed with a debilitating neuro-immune illness.

I have a feeling I'll only be able to take one cat. One cat is an abandoned stray that I've been taking care of but he's outside only at this point and trying to slowly get him adjusted to life indoors . I'm not sure I can make him into a full indoor cat. He's adorable but if I can't it looks like I'll have to leave him behind.

This is helpful 2sleepy so very much appreciate at.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento