Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2022, 11:42 AM

25,689 posts, read 12,772,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkasf View Post
According to that list.........the best place to live is this city in Alabama
There's been a shift of Americans leaving the Northeast & moving to the South...like Alabama, North Carolina, and Florida. New York lost ~62,000 to Florida in 2021.

I'm seeing lots of California tags on cars here in Florida! I also see a lot of Washington, & Oregon.

Are you seeing any Florida or Alabama tags in Sacramento?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2022, 03:22 PM

2,379 posts, read 1,812,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
There's been a shift of Americans leaving the Northeast & moving to the South...like Alabama, North Carolina, and Florida. New York lost ~62,000 to Florida in 2021.

I'm seeing lots of California tags on cars here in Florida! I also see a lot of Washington, & Oregon.

No, idea since it has been fair number of years since I have been in Sacramento...I have no interest myself in moving to those southern states. In regard to supposedly residents of CA leaving this state to make their home in states like FL and AL.....I have nothing negative to say about their decision to do that. I am in the category of those who think this state is becoming a bit overcrowded

Old 05-30-2022, 08:55 AM

543 posts, read 1,740,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post

Thanks for this post. It brings to mind the lyrics of a couple of songs by Sir Douglas Quintet and Blaze Foley:

"You just can't live in Texas if you don't have a lot of soul" At the Crossroads

"Sing the song for the people I meet and get along with it all. Where the people say y'all". Clay Pigeons

When I think of my years in Texas and the South, the music is a big part of it. I'm a native Californian but the Beach Boys and the Bay Area bands of the 70s just don't bring out the same kind of emotions.

Old 06-01-2022, 11:16 AM

8,673 posts, read 17,274,555 times
62,000 people? Wow, that's more than... (does math) 0.3% of New York's population! At that rate, the state of New York will be empty entirely in (does more math) about 300 years! I suppose if that happens, at least the subways will be less crowded.

Old 06-05-2022, 11:24 AM

1,442 posts, read 1,567,042 times
Alabama is still way cheaper than California, lower taxes and more freedoms too. I just need wait to sell a year to profit and escape the Commies running California aka Newscum who STOLE the recall via fraud.

Old 06-05-2022, 11:33 AM

6,884 posts, read 8,260,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxalot View Post
Alabama is still way cheaper than California, lower taxes and more freedoms too. I just need wait to sell a year to profit and escape the Commies running California aka Newscum who STOLE the recall via fraud.
I was in Birmingham, Alabama last summer, beautiful city, check it out. You won't like the HOT VERY HUMID Summers, but the city was clean, trash-free, graffiti-free, zero homeless, very very green.

California weather, geogrphical diversity and some family members/relatives is the only thing keeping me in Sacramento these days. I have not found the "perfect city or region" to live outside of California, yet.

Most of my close friends have left California as well.......which kinda of makes me want to stay in California, ironically, more than leaving because my close friends have a place to stay in California when they visit, and they like visiting often.

Last edited by Chimérique; 06-05-2022 at 12:36 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento