Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2022, 02:40 PM

8,673 posts, read 17,280,905 times

Advertisements

Carmichael isn't "Sacramento proper." And it still has nothing to do with the subject of this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2022, 06:07 PM

6,900 posts, read 8,271,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Boy View Post
It has everything to do with the thread. It just doesn't support YOUR liberal dysfunctional dystopia agenda. This is exactly the reason those workers will live in Folsom or *El Dorado Hills*. High income folks want Clean and safe streets and good schools. Something simply not possible in Sacramento proper.

I do agree, Sacramento's crime and homeless problem does create spill over problems. I live in Elk Grove and I know from my line of work that a large chunk of our crime comes from low income/no income Sacramento residents who come to Elk Grove to steal from our businesses.

The homeless are guided to Sacramento, because the County is responsible for most of the welfare services. And most of those agencies are at the county seat, which is the city of Sacramento. Homeless like to be adjacent to the services offered to them. Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..
Your post is relevant especially considering all other rhetorical posts she/he/they posted. It is relevant to why high-tech moves to Sacramento. Here is a reminder to keep us focused:

High-Tech in Sacramento

With the recent news of Solidigm South Korean Chip maker bringing 1,900 jobs of Research & Development to the Sacramento Area (Rancho Cordova) I thought a new thread was in order.

Leaders
1. Intel;s Research and Development facilities in Folsom - 6,000 employees
2. Apple's Original facility going strong in Ek Grove with expansion - 5,000 employees
3. Siemans Train Manufacturing facilities in South Sacramento - 2,100 employees
3. Micorn's 500 employees in Folsom
4. Oracle in Rocklin, 750 employees
5. NEC in Rancho Cordova, 250-500 employees

Where will the new employees live and why? Sacramento, Rancho Cordova, Folsom...

NewComers
1. Davis BioTech
2. West Sacramento BioTech and Electric Vehicle makers/designers
3. Bio - Mice breeding facility in Natomas
4. Rancho Cordova aerospace making systems and parts for NASA projects

Legacy and Smaller Operations?

Old 09-30-2022, 08:37 PM

579 posts, read 513,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wburg View Post
Carmichael isn't "Sacramento proper." And it still has nothing to do with the subject of this thread.
Carmichael and Arden have increased homeless, because Sac City is trying to push them into the county. Sac City wants all the welfare services and the jobs that come with the agencies, but the doesn't want to own the homeless that need them. The BUM was Iin court today. Record stretching back to 1990 in Sac. And frequented the Sac shanty towns, and wandered his was down the river into Carmichael.

Old 10-02-2022, 01:53 AM

Bio Tech in Sacramento - Mostly draws from Bio talent incubated from UC Davis

Davis - University Research Park
1. Novozymes - World leader in industrial enzymes and micoorganisms has been in Davis for last 20 yrs.

2. 21st.Bio - a start-up life sciences Danish company's first U.S. office will be in Davis

Metro Air Park/Natomas/North Sacramento
3. Orca Bio - Medical Biotech - Cell therapies and Cell sorting processing, offices in Sacramento's Tahoe Park neighborhood, and new offices at Metro Air Park adjacent to Sacramento Int'l airport.

4. Jackson Laboratory in North Sacramento, biomedical research institution, runs a large mice breeding facility that supplies 20,000 researchers around the world.

5. BCD Bioscience - Transforms food-grade substances into products at the cellular level for nutritional and immune benefits. Former headquarters in downtown Davis moving to North Sacramento to be closer to airport.

Old 10-03-2022, 11:10 AM

Isn't UC Davis shifting a significant portion of their biotech/bio sciences facilities to the planned "Aggie Square" south of UC Davis Medical Center in Sacramento, in the Oak Park/Tahoe Park/Elmhurst area? Seems like if we're going to crow about announcements of tech and biotech jobs, that one is worth mentioning.

Old 10-03-2022, 06:47 PM

I'm happy to see the cranes at work at the UC Davis Aggie square site.
Per the UC Davis Aggie Square WebSite:
Life Sciences, Technology and Engineering: More than half a million square feet of state-of-the-art labs and more. Industry partners will co-locate on campus with UC Davis research programs and will benefit from economies of scale. But, also, "Professional Education"....I would assume all things medical.

I don't know any thing about any crows other then the ones that hang out in downtown trees and crap all over cars. But, we are all used to that as there is crap all over downtown, the railyards and sadly, along the river, Old Sac, south of it, and Discovery Park.

Speaking of "Old Sac", I heard a comedian make fun of the name "Old Sac", having zero reference to the name he thought it was hilarious of a name, unflattering and... He went on to explain that he was talking with the locals at the bar before the show, and they kept referring to "Old Sac"; he thought they were talking about a person that they didn't like and they were calling him names, "she's just an "Old Sac". -

Last edited by Chimérique; 10-03-2022 at 07:13 PM..

Old 10-03-2022, 06:55 PM

Genetech - Vacaville - Campus located 30 miles from downtown Sacramento; 15 miles from UC Davis

The Vacaville campus is one of the worlds largest biotechnology manufacturing plants. Large-scale production of pharmaceutical proteins. Primarily manufacturing and laboratories.

Old 10-05-2022, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
I'm happy to see the cranes at work at the UC Davis Aggie square site.
Per the UC Davis Aggie Square WebSite:
Life Sciences, Technology and Engineering: More than half a million square feet of state-of-the-art labs and more. Industry partners will co-locate on campus with UC Davis research programs and will benefit from economies of scale. But, also, "Professional Education"....I would assume all things medical.

So it sounds like proximity to neighborhoods like Oak Park and Tahoe Park, or being within the Sac City school district, were no impediment to expanding a biotech campus and education center? It does seem like part of developing a more educated populace would include expanding educational options, instead of depending on attracting already-educated people who went to school somewhere else, but often education hubs turn into industry hubs, like those around MIT and Stanford?

Quote:
I don't know any thing about any crows other then the ones that hang out in downtown trees and crap all over cars. But, we are all used to that as there is crap all over downtown, the railyards and sadly, along the river, Old Sac, south of it, and Discovery Park.
Perhaps you aren't familiar with the use of the term "crowing" to mean "making a lot of noise about something" as that species of corvid tends to do, but crows are definitely not confined to downtown Sacramento--they're a wonderful bird that flies all over, and to the best of my knowledge, all birds crap, and in fact every organism craps in some form--and failing to take that into account often leads to an excess of crap. There's nothing inherent about downtown that attracts it, but sometimes people tend to like to shovel crap in downtown's direction so they can pretend that crows don't crap in El Dorado Hills.

Quote:

Speaking of "Old Sac", I heard a comedian make fun of the name "Old Sac", having zero reference to the name he thought it was hilarious of a name, unflattering and... He went on to explain that he was talking with the locals at the bar before the show, and they kept referring to "Old Sac"; he thought they were talking about a person that they didn't like and they were calling him names, "she's just an "Old Sac". -
Making fun of the name "Old Sac" by noting its similarity to the testicles of a senior citizen is a joke so old it should have a plaque dedicated to it! Personally I think we should shift away from the artificial "Old Sacramento" name, invented in the 1950s and probably based on a fairly terrible B-movie western, and back to the name "The West End" to describe that part of the city (not counting the 75% of the neighborhood demolished by redevelopment), a name largely erased from our city's history to conceal the fact that we wiped out a multicultural neighborhood and about 10,000 homes (predominantly Black and Japanese, but also Latino, Chinese, and Filipino) to build a boring, quiet high-rise downtown that, as you frequently note, turned out to be pretty underwhelming. Plus, wouldn't having a neighborhood called "the West End" sound cooler than "Old Sac"?

Old 03-04-2023, 05:59 PM

Another Bio company:

Gemini Bio Cell Culture Solutions in West Sacramento

Founded in 1985, Gemini Bio is headquartered in West Sacramento, California. Gemini has a global distribution network that services cell culture laboratories across the world.

Gemini Bio’s facility will support the production of cell culture media, sera, cytokines (humans, mouse or rat), growth factors, buffers and other supplement reagents with products for the cell therapy and gene therapy.

Old 03-05-2023, 10:58 AM

1,447 posts, read 1,569,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wburg View Post
Um sorry you are wrong my dude. Carmichael is part of Sacramento County. Ignoring your rude behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento