Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2008, 08:07 AM

17 posts, read 62,558 times

Advertisements

We are looking to rent a home in Sacramento. We are flying up tomorrow to view several rental properties. One is in Rosemont. Specifically, it is on Coralwood, which is east of Watt and south of Kiefer, and north of Golden Empire Elementary.

I conducted a search on the Sacramento County Sheriff website and the area doesn't look too bad. My husband and I want a relatively safe neighborhood where we can walk our dogs or where I can go running on my own. We're in our late twenties and have a baby on the way. I will be working in Rancho Cordova and my husband will be in Citrus Heights. We don't mind living in a lower middle class older suburb.

Would you consider this part of Rosemont to be safe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2008, 09:29 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,208,139 times
Others would need to give you a better answer but having driven on Bradshaw and Kiefer quite a few times the general area looks OK to me. Generally the area appears to have a lot of single story homes in the 1,500 square foot range, and looks like a lot were built in the early-mid 1970's.

Old 07-08-2008, 09:51 AM

3,176 posts, read 14,696,911 times
I will say it's "JUST OK"

If you don't mind lower middle class (which there is nothing wrong with that) then it will suit you fine. There are alot of run down rentals there now. Rosemont used to be a rough area - I wouldn't live there. But I'm super picky it seems lately

Old 07-09-2008, 07:52 PM
pba

410 posts, read 917,069 times
Default Rosemont = high crime, police helicopter overhead constantly, high insurance rates, etc. etc. etc.

Other than all the negative stuff I guess it's a pretty good place to live. Of course the schools suck too so I hope you don't have young kids.

Old 07-09-2008, 09:06 PM

44 posts, read 138,600 times
Large russian population around that area south of the 50. Just be ready for it.

Old 12-19-2008, 11:25 PM

1 posts, read 12,824 times
dont know if you already found a place but i live in rosemont and i am white. i have not run into a large population of russians but im not sure why that would matter. as for the crime its not that bad in fact we have lived here in our home for 5yrs. and we have not had a single problems and before that i grew up here. as for the schools my son is 7 and does great at the neighbor school, however i would love if they did a little more, but it is a publc school and not all the things that i would love for him to get in school are going to be in a publice school. golden empire is suppose to be a good school though. not sure about the street

Old 09-29-2009, 09:44 PM

1 posts, read 12,136 times
Wink Rosemont Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl72 View Post
I will say it's "JUST OK"

If you don't mind lower middle class (which there is nothing wrong with that) then it will suit you fine. There are alot of run down rentals there now. Rosemont used to be a rough area - I wouldn't live there. But I'm super picky it seems lately
REPLY: When we moved to Rosemont, we had looked at over 100 homes in selected areas of Sacramento. This home had the space we needed, was close enough to schools, easily accessible to any other part of Sacramento, had many trees, close shopping and easy access to any other good shopping areas. We had three teen-age children.

I do not agree with the above description of Rosemont. We have great neighbors, most of whom keep their homes and yards up for value. I was on the Board of the Rosemont Community Association for several years so I had a good look at the data and crime reports of the area. For several years we fought grafiti but that has almost disappeared.

We have several parks, all well kept. Not all homes are well kept but they are not limited to rentals.,It is more relative to personal standards. Unfortunately, if the neighborhood looks uncared for, it is destined to stay that way until someone breaks the cycle.

Rosemont has a range of economies - many educated people and those who aren't. It has pleased many families to stay here through two or three generations. Light Rail now provides great connections to town and other areas around Sacramnto. Our street has not been plagued with even light crime or vandalism. We have lived here nearly 40 years. Even though the home prices are too low now, it is a good trade-off in value.

Old 09-30-2009, 02:42 AM

4,576 posts, read 9,159,099 times
Rosemont is so so. Some neighborhoods are decent and well kept others are kind of spotty. The schools are something to be desired. Rancho Cordova has a better high school.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:57 PM

2 posts, read 15,329 times
We live in the area just north of Kiefer (behind the Save Mart Store), and we like it well enough and feel safe walking the dogs, even after dark. There are occasional incidents with police helicopters flying around, but they seem to usually be focused more on the other side of Kiefer (across the street from the Save Mart store). I've heard that the area on the other side of Kiefer is not as nice, and most of the apartment buildings seem to be on that side. The houses in our area seem to have been built in the late 50's through early 70's and are sturdy enough with decent sized lots, if somewhat unpretentious by the standards of newer developments (mostly one story 3 bedrooms with a few 2 story that are a bit larger). The guy who did our home inspection said they are better built than newer houses, though. Most have wood floors, which is nice.

Lots of people seem to have kids in our area, and the streets are mostly quiet cul-de-sacs and side streets, but you'd have to ask other parents about the schools. Someone else in this thread said they suck, but I don't know if they mean academically, socially or what and whether by "Suck" they mean worse than schools in general in this state at this time. There is a new high school that looks pretty spiffy when you drive by, so at least the older kids no longer have to attend School miles away in a rougher neighborhood like they used to.

My main complaint about the neighborhood we are in is that there are no real open space or greenbelts within easy walking distance in our particular area and not many parks (there is one nearby and an elementary school) for dog walking/family outings. We have to drive to get to the River Parkway, but that wouldn't be an issue on the other side of Folsom. Not sure how that part of Rosemont compares. In our area, we are close to the only grocery store currently open in the immediate area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento