Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2008, 06:20 PM

261 posts, read 1,351,185 times

Advertisements

So I just signed up with Kaiser in Roseville, and I noticed that they do not have one, not even one, female Ob/Gyn doctor at the Roseville facility. There is one female in Lincoln, and then the rest are in Sacramento. They have a lot of female Nurse Practitioners, but no doctors.

I'm sorry, but I am very traditional and conservative. The only man I want around "that" area is my husband. Does anyone know of a secret stash of female Kaiser Ob/Gyn doctors in Roseville? I really don't want a man. I'm not looking for an argument, this is just my preference. Help!!!

Last edited by volleyballer; 10-26-2008 at 07:47 PM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2008, 09:03 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,895,855 times
Why not go to another hospital? I suspect that other hospitals in Roseville have female ob/gyns and I suspect that other Kaisers in the region probably have female ob/gyns. Either way, you would be closer to your goal.

Old 10-26-2008, 09:22 PM

I have Kaiser insurance, so I must be with a Kaiser Dr. I'm open to going outside of Roseville, but I really don't want to. I live about 5 minutes away from the huge Kaiser facility in Roseville, and I just want go somewhere close to home. But I'll venture out, like I've always done, if I need to. I'm just trying to figure out a way to have a female OB/Gyn as well as dodge the I 80 traffic.

Old 10-29-2008, 12:11 PM

2 posts, read 15,570 times
Dr Michelle Edward is my OB/GYN doctor at Kaiser's Medical Facility off of Douglas.

I'm not sure if she is taking new patients or not.....good luck

Old 10-30-2008, 09:24 PM

424 posts, read 2,697,423 times
Too bad you aren't near Folsom. My Kaiser OBGYN is Dr. Sarah Fergerson. She's great.

Old 11-02-2008, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobo princesa View Post
Dr Michelle Edward is my OB/GYN doctor at Kaiser's Medical Facility off of Douglas.

I'm not sure if she is taking new patients or not.....good luck
Looks like she's not. Does anyone know how I can actually get a female Dr. to take me even though she's not taking more patients?

Old 11-13-2008, 01:05 AM

3 posts, read 13,801 times
Default Fem ob/gyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by volleyballer View Post
So I just signed up with Kaiser in Roseville, and I noticed that they do not have one, not even one, female Ob/Gyn doctor at the Roseville facility. There is one female in Lincoln, and then the rest are in Sacramento. They have a lot of female Nurse Practitioners, but no doctors.

I'm sorry, but I am very traditional and conservative. The only man I want around "that" area is my husband. Does anyone know of a secret stash of female Kaiser Ob/Gyn doctors in Roseville? I really don't want a man. I'm not looking for an argument, this is just my preference. Help!!!

Look at the ob/gyn in Sacramento, Point West.... Dr. Kathol is wonderful. She WILL be delivering either at Roseville or South Sac.. You'll have to check with her.. but all delivery services are moving up to Roseville in Jan.

You may have to come to Point West for your office visits, but you'd have a female ob/gyn that you are seeking. There are several other wonderful providers in the Sac area that are female.

You may not be aware because you are new to the area, but Kaiser Sacramento is moving all of it's labor/delivery, postpartum, peds and nicu up to roseville in Jan. so the ob's that have been delivering at Sac will have to deliver at south sac or roseville.

You are not as limited as you may feel for female providers...

Hope that helps a bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento