Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 09:59 AM

6,957 posts, read 22,313,597 times

Advertisements

Mark Twain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia has got as decent a short biography as any other place. Again, his time in the Mother Lode area was very brief although my county has made a fortune trading on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2008, 11:26 AM

3,722 posts, read 14,725,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenhead View Post
thank you im looking for the route where i can see where mark twain's jumping frog was not far jack ass hill im told
If you ever get out into the middle of Nevada, visit Unionville (between Lovelock and Winnemucca). Mark Twain lived there briefly in the early 1860's and was the editor of the local newspaper. At this time, Unionville was the biggest town in Nevada. A few people still live there and there are still remains of some of the original buildings. Klondike Canyon - Unionville, Nevada

Old 12-19-2008, 01:59 PM

26 posts, read 46,379 times
i did spend time in area of the ghost towns i call ruby mountain i followed mark twain route the area you spoke of. The interesting writing was his stay around mono lake some hearsay that he at one point was citizen kand of western newspapers bering the union name like old paper union democrat of sonora tuolumne county and same state name they claim out of columbia at that time district of columbia the state of tuolumne when they ceaded from stanislaus and in missing letters of mt (mark twain) of his carrier to union papers on water rights of eastern sierra and western nevada he mt at that time was a miner first wasn't very good but he could write the logo on the union democrat bears his profile im told by former publish harvey mcgee.

Old 12-19-2008, 02:14 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,313,597 times
If that is Mark Twain's image on the UD logo, I'm Sarah Palin. Looks like a pretty generic goldminer picture and nothing like Mr. Clemens.

A favor of you chickenhead. Can you put a period or two in your posts so we can figure out what it is you're talking about? Thanks

Old 12-19-2008, 04:19 PM

3,722 posts, read 14,725,748 times
There is also a Mark Twain museum in Virginia City, NV. He worked for the Territorial Enterprise newspaper

Nevada Museums

Old 12-19-2008, 09:08 PM

26 posts, read 46,379 times
grammer is a nice request (period). I was on comp u serve in the middle 80's on original post bulletin board when i had to waite two or three days to get a answer. All before the gui and java. Well i'll try and comply with gammer instruction thx. About abbreviation how do you want to drawn the at with MT (mt) for Mark Twain, Mountain Time, or Montana. Well again i can on as far as mt with longfellow or bret harte. The ud logo was a hearsay statement to mt profile, mr mcgee would put on get togethers with a mt actor to bring us all a desire to seek his letters of the west. Longfellow said can't find your letters my sir where's your gammer i just can't find where you begin or end. In virginia i ejoyed and took my wife to see, and note how small the newspaper office was and enterprise is today term used in RICO. Prior statement on creditors (continental) from san franisco he mt may have been the file for enterprise protection and would noted in his letters, which by the way a letter of intent on continental creditors of his mt on used by hetch hetchy to bring water to mt creditors to force mt to enterprise in virginia. Again a area around farmington or around is what im looking for, because the movie industrial in making have unusual filming rights in mt claims.

Old 12-25-2008, 01:43 AM

4 posts, read 3,320 times
hey CHICKENHEAD are you starting a new club or did your head run off with robin williams. Well about mt not much written about the tahoe area, i worked as a cop up their when i lived at the bottom of the grade out of minden. Looked a little around high desert state prison, and susanville mt did silver mine up humbolt drainage east of hdsp (high desert state prison) some indian name whitehorse talk how he would use a eagle to fiend things. I ask him if saw anything unusual about letters of mt. Well chickenhead thanks for turn me on city data a good place to post, they respect you.

Old 12-29-2008, 05:25 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,617,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMenscha View Post
A favor of you chickenhead. Can you put a period or two in your posts so we can figure out what it is you're talking about? Thanks
Thankfully he did not have the caps locked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento