Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 11:43 AM

147 posts, read 541,848 times

Advertisements

I am doing a road trip in June...I understand that getting caught with under and ounce in Cali...is like a 100 dollar fine apparently...so I have decided to get a little bit of the good stuff that Cali has...because im sure its better than the stuff we have here in Texas...anyways, where do you think I should head to?

I was thinking Arcata...but anywhere else that would be helpful would be great!

Thanks guys!

Old 05-17-2009, 11:49 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,194,504 times
maybe posters could also tell you where to buy a machine gun and pick up a prostitute.

Forget the road trip.

After posting a thread like that, I doubt you would be intelligent enough to find your way from Texas to California.

Old 05-17-2009, 11:51 AM

136 posts, read 548,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
maybe posters could also tell you where to buy a machine gun and pick up a prostitute.

Forget the road trip.

After posting a thread like that, I doubt you would be intelligent enough to find your way from Texas to California.

Seriously.

Old 05-17-2009, 11:53 AM

5,032 posts, read 12,611,786 times
You can buy marijuana anywhere inside or outside California. My advice is to spend a few hundred $ & get a doctor to write you a prescription [you can find a list of MD's & dispensaries in most weekly newspapers]. Then you can buy marijuana legally & get very good quality. Arcata, like any university town, will be easy to purchase marijuana. When I was in college, marijuana was sold openly right on Telegraph Ave in Berkeley. You can also hang out in front of dispensaries & ask people to buy you some weed.

Getting a ticket for possession is practically unheard of anymore unless you have a large quality.

Old 05-17-2009, 12:03 PM

If you are going to post crap like that then whats the point? You guys are pretty cool you know that? Let me tell you...

PS...Thanks Happ for actually posting something worth while instead of trying to jack your post count up by write one word answers in a thread...

Since I do no live in California..is it possible for me to get a prescription?

Old 05-17-2009, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post

Forget the road trip.

Whats wrong with a Road Trip to California? Whats wrong with Buying Weed? Do I give you **** when you speed down the road..because it seems to me thats more illegal than carrying an ounce of weed on you...considering the fine is heftier...

MOD CUT

Last edited by NewToCA; 05-17-2009 at 06:28 PM.. Reason: point was made

Old 05-17-2009, 12:48 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiyoo View Post
Whats wrong with a Road Trip to California? Whats wrong with Buying Weed? Do I give you **** when you speed down the road..because it seems to me thats more illegal than carrying an ounce of weed on you...considering the fine is heftier...

So just shut up
I really don't know if this is a joke or you are serious, I don't know if I should be laughing or crying?? I am glad Happ had an answer for you, I doubt many others will post anything you really want to read. How long are you planning on staying in CA, where are you going to visit and who? Do you realize where Arcata is compared to the rest of the state? Good luck and enjoy your weed...

Nita

Old 05-17-2009, 12:52 PM

323 posts, read 1,008,681 times
Go to the upper Haight in San Francisco.
Wait.
If it's been over 10 minutes, someone should have tried to sell you weed by now.

Old 05-17-2009, 01:58 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,611,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiyoo View Post
If you are going to post crap like that then whats the point? You guys are pretty cool you know that? Let me tell you...

PS...Thanks Happ for actually posting something worth while instead of trying to jack your post count up by write one word answers in a thread...

Since I do no live in California..is it possible for me to get a prescription?
I don't think you need to be a citizen of California. I went with my dad to a doctor recommended by my nephews & that question was not asked. That was in LA but my dad lives in Chico. There must be plenty of websites on marijuana doctors\ dispensaries in California. Some dispensaries were closed in Los Angeles because they were not checking to see prescriptions but it is certainly possible that you can get people to buy you marijuana outside dispensaries. San Francisco\ Bay Area & LA have hundreds of dispensaries. Arcata is in the "triangle" [Humboldt\ Mendocino\ Sonoma counties] where the finest marijuana in California is grown. Must be something in the soil since that is also where the finest wine is produced. I still have a cousin who is going to school in Arcata & doesn't smoke marijuana but always brought my dad excellent bud.

But Arcata is way up in coastal northern California & a good 7 hours from San Francisco. Check out Berkeley if you want marijuana [you should get good cannabis w/ few obstacles

Old 05-17-2009, 02:06 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,095,424 times
When are people going to get over their fear of marijuana? Do some of you ridicule OP's that ask where to find a good bar? Christ.

To the OP's question, you should make your first trip to California a memorable one and hit up the Haight, pick up some weed, and continue west on Haight, left on Stanyan, right on Lincoln, and cruise all the way down to Ocean Beach where you can smoke it on the beach and just chill for a few hours. Bring a towel and a picnic and make an evening of it. That's one of my favorite night time chill spots (though I don't smoke up anymore). There's usually a parking spot available right around Judah and 48th (there's an opening to the beach right around there) - it's about a 2 minute walk to the sand. Enjoy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento