Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 03:54 PM

3 posts, read 17,713 times

Advertisements

My only concern with Sacramento suburbs is the rush hour. You can Get around the back streets reasonably well but it takes nearly as much time to skirt the city as it does to compete with the congestion. Each has its pros and cons. Less vs more gas, less vs more stress etc... (I worked in construction so luckily only rarely had to deal with either rush hour)

I would recommend looking into my former home for 19 years, Citrus Heights. I was never a homeowner but many of my friends and family live there and are very happy with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 03:59 PM

Location: Rancho Cordova, CA very close to the American River Parkway
8 posts, read 31,131 times
Cool What do you like to do?

We live in Rancho Cordova, about 9 miles east of Sac, off Hwy 50 and I love it. Moved up from Palo Alto ( Mid Peninsula area of SF Bay Area) in 1999 and haven't looked back.
R.Cordova has a bad rep but have never had problems and find the people very friendly. After renting for 5 years we were able to buy a well maintained 4 bdroom house in a great older neighborhood with lots of trees and great neighbors.
The American River Parkway is less than a mile from the house, this place is an incredible blessing and a rare miracle in an urban area. Google it.
We ride our bikes and rollerblade there, walk the trails and take our rafts out on the river most weekends.
We volunteer for a number of things and especially enjoy the ones that benefit the river and parkway and the creeks that feed the river.
I like the art scene in Sac and love 2nd Saturday's. My other half enjoys his neighborhood pub and we have made friends there that we go camping and rafting with.
The politics here were very conservative when we first moved up but there is a much better balance now. I have gotten involved in my city and community and joined some Progressive groups working for change.
Although we own a business about 45 minutes away when it came time to buy our house we never considered moving out of Rancho.
To sum up a too long post-I think it depends on what you like and how you like to live. Good luck in your decision making.

Old 08-08-2009, 10:35 AM

68 posts, read 315,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allgreektome View Post
im tired of the NW and it's cloudy in august, I work from home and have large savings, we are a couple w a dog in our 30s we have no kids. I don't have to live in the hippest part of town. I posted before about buying but I don't want a big mortgage, id do a condo if the hoa and mortgage are low enough though.

What parts are inexpensive yet safe, I know that means boring but at this point i need some sunhine and sunny people, I live in portland and i just don't click with this place i've tried for years to adjust and be nice, id go back to LA where im from but it's a mad house, where should I live in sac or any town in northern ca if you have any good ideas? im game.

Try Placerville, 30 minutes up the foothills, looks like the north west without the rain. I'm from Wa and Ive been here for 11 years, I love it! There's another town just above Placerville called Pollock Pines thats really beautiful, theres a lake out there called Sly Park, i'ts rustic and the pine trees smell awesome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento