Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Salem
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2021, 12:22 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,235,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasdiver View Post
That's the thing. The more people of any age get vaccinated, the faster we depress the spread of the pandemic and the faster we ALL get safer. That is the flaw with this current system where we are wasting so much extra time trying to make sure only the most "deserving" get vaccinated.
I agree. Let's live by the Nike Swoosh -- "Just Do It".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2021, 01:09 PM

5,457 posts, read 8,171,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasdiver View Post
That's the thing. The more people of any age get vaccinated, the faster we depress the spread of the pandemic and the faster we ALL get safer. That is the flaw with this current system where we are wasting so much extra time trying to make sure only the most "deserving" get vaccinated.
You are right. I should have said I don't mind teachers getting ahead of me IF THEY SHOW UP.

We should keep politics out of it until the crisis is over. It doesn't help to get people vaccinated, it just creates animosity. Assess blame for the mishandling of it then.

Old 01-18-2021, 10:58 AM

10,988 posts, read 20,558,027 times
The latest iteration of the priority list puts 80+ at the top of the age groups to be vaccinated. Then I think it should open up based on the % of that population by age, I agree that folks with known Covid19 risk profiles should be given priority BASED ON DATA. Also, teachers who agree to teach in classrooms should be a priority group. The families and neighbors of minority group members in a priority group need to reach out to them to assure that they are vaccinated.

I listen to a podcast TWIV. This week a physician with a lot of Covid19 patients discussed vaccine distribution. I was dismayed to learn that injection sites were wasting vaccine because fewer folks in the priority group showed up for shots. They couldn't administer the extra vaccine to others at risk for their license and heavy fines. Evidently, this was intended to prevent people from jumping the line. Araah!!!

Old 01-18-2021, 11:17 AM

5,439 posts, read 7,728,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell Plotts View Post
The latest iteration of the priority list puts 80+ at the top of the age groups to be vaccinated. Then I think it should open up based on the % of that population by age, I agree that folks with known Covid19 risk profiles should be given priority BASED ON DATA. Also, teachers who agree to teach in classrooms should be a priority group. The families and neighbors of minority group members in a priority group need to reach out to them to assure that they are vaccinated.

I listen to a podcast TWIV. This week a physician with a lot of Covid19 patients discussed vaccine distribution. I was dismayed to learn that injection sites were wasting vaccine because fewer folks in the priority group showed up for shots. They couldn't administer the extra vaccine to others at risk for their license and heavy fines. Evidently, this was intended to prevent people from jumping the line. Araah!!!
Yes, this was happening in my wife's clinic where she works. They open up new vial of vaccine to vaccinate the last two patients in line at closing time and then have to throw away the last 5 doses because they don't have 5 more "qualified" patients to vaccine and can't just put out a call to anyone still in the building to come get a vaccine for fear of breaking the rules.

Oregon has fallen well behind states like Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Tennessee and West Virginia in the percentage of the population vaccinated. That is just utterly embarrassing and horrifying. And Washington is even further behind. Here is the state-by-state CDC vaccination data: https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccinations

But we are making dang sure that no one "underserving" gets vaccinated. Sigh.

Old 01-20-2021, 03:18 PM

26 posts, read 25,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell Plotts View Post
I trust that you are registered with the VA hospital. It is my understanding that they are reaching out to their clients. Give them a call.

please don't tell me to call the va,, I am on the list,, signed up and they know who I am.... I am walking on eggshells in todays censorship.. but I can say this,,, who wanted these people to run things? wasn't me...

Old 01-20-2021, 06:54 PM

5,457 posts, read 8,171,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredat44 View Post
please don't tell me to call the va,, I am on the list,, signed up and they know who I am.... I am walking on eggshells in todays censorship.. but I can say this,,, who wanted these people to run things? wasn't me...
For obvious reasons, the VA doesn't want you to call. If you are registered, they will inform you when they are ready.

Old 01-20-2021, 09:09 PM

17,634 posts, read 22,629,029 times
Today, i heard on www.kdrv.com (Medford News) that the VA Domiciliary in White City, OR is giving COVID-19 vaccinations to some veterans.

I would double check to make sure you are eligible to now receive the COVID-19 vaccine, before going over there. It sounds to me like many Veterans can't receive the vaccine yet.

https://www.google.com/search?source...4dUDCAk&uact=5

Old 01-20-2021, 09:47 PM

10,988 posts, read 20,558,027 times
I understand how anxious you are to receive the vaccine. My husband was in the reserves back in the day, is well over 80 years old but doesn't qualify as a veteran. We too are anxious to receive the vaccine.

Old 01-25-2021, 09:28 PM

811 posts, read 1,060,672 times
The official, and as far as I can figure, the only official site for Oregon vaccines just did an update on their Phase 1b timing predictions.

They have not done a good job of actually meeting goals or communicating where you can get the vaccine, but its about all we have to work with if you aren't working for a health facility or other affected business.

Old 01-26-2021, 02:27 AM

26 posts, read 25,372 times
Unhappy when do the sick and disabled get vaccine shots here in Oregon?

so no more news on when we get a vaccine shot? I am 64, disabled veteran, will be 65 in a 3 months. Pancreas and liver disease, Guillen Barre, and much more. No vaccine shots, no letters,... I came here hope someone would know. I know people in other states who got there a while back. In Oregon, nada... is it me or is the gov all screwed up? Yes, I signed up a long while back with the va website saying I am interested in the vaccine shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Salem