Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2007, 07:54 PM

5 posts, read 12,693 times

Advertisements

I will be flying out of Utah this Friday night and I have to leave my car at the airport, my question is even though they have the big parking garage, do a lot of people actually leave there cars there for extended periods of time? (I will be gone for 5 days). If so do you know how much it costs? I have also seen a park n jet off the highway but I didn't know how safe or reliable that place was, it looks packed but I didn't know anything about it. I know this is probably a stupid question but back home the airport never had a big parking garage like the SLC airport and when we had to leave our cars we parked them with another company by the airport who then shuttled us to the airport. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2007, 08:40 PM

1,821 posts, read 7,730,298 times
I always get rides, but I believe airport parking is $8 a day for extended parking.

Old 09-25-2007, 01:00 AM

7,731 posts, read 13,425,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostinSL View Post
I will be flying out of Utah this Friday night and I have to leave my car at the airport, my question is even though they have the big parking garage, do a lot of people actually leave there cars there for extended periods of time? (I will be gone for 5 days). If so do you know how much it costs? I have also seen a park n jet off the highway but I didn't know how safe or reliable that place was, it looks packed but I didn't know anything about it. I know this is probably a stupid question but back home the airport never had a big parking garage like the SLC airport and when we had to leave our cars we parked them with another company by the airport who then shuttled us to the airport. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Diamond Parking

Old 09-25-2007, 12:15 PM

421 posts, read 1,740,794 times
It's $6/day or $42/week at the airport. My husband leaves his car there often when he travels. He hasn't had any problems, but maybe he's just lucky. I don't know how the security is there. Here's a link for you:

Salt Lake City International Airport - Rates (broken link)

Old 09-28-2007, 11:20 AM

242 posts, read 853,949 times
I've had to leave my car there several times going home for the holidays and what not. Never had a problem. Quick shuttle service that brings you right to your terminal.

Old 09-29-2007, 06:42 PM

3 posts, read 9,774 times
If I might use this thread for my related question: How are airfares and reliability out of SLC? Any notable seasonal distortions, or general current trends? And how is traffic to or around the airport?

Thanks!

Old 09-30-2007, 10:55 AM

1,125 posts, read 3,524,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chartero View Post
If I might use this thread for my related question: How are airfares and reliability out of SLC? Any notable seasonal distortions, or general current trends? And how is traffic to or around the airport?

Thanks!
I was a very frequent flyer using SLC. Rates go up in the winter; blame it on the skiers, but if you book early, it's not so bad. Reliability was excellent, and I only recall two delays out of 96 transits. Traffic was a breeze, but I also think SFO and OAK are very easy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
View detailed profiles of: