Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2020, 03:55 PM

49 posts, read 45,317 times

Advertisements

We are looking to leave hot and humid Florida(real feel today on Oct 16, was 98 degrees), we dont mind the cold and we actually prefer the cold. We have strongly considered Minnesota, and are currently considering Raleigh NC also. We are an active family, like many that consider SLC

We both are in the medical field and can find work anywhere. We would like to start looking at some "neighborhoods"
that could potentially work for us, here is what we are looking for in a community/neighborhood:

500-600k
2000-3000 sq ft
New(ish) homes and neighborhood
Possible large master planned community
Good Gymnastics, Soccer programs for our 8 year old
Easy access to running and hiking trails( I assume many hoods fit this criteria)
We are non LDS, but we love and respect all people and their beliefs.

Thank you for your help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2020, 04:38 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookingaround22 View Post
We are looking to leave hot and humid Florida(real feel today on Oct 16, was 98 degrees), we dont mind the cold and we actually prefer the cold. We have strongly considered Minnesota, and are currently considering Raleigh NC also. We are an active family, like many that consider SLC

We both are in the medical field and can find work anywhere. We would like to start looking at some "neighborhoods"
that could potentially work for us, here is what we are looking for in a community/neighborhood:

500-600k
2000-3000 sq ft
New(ish) homes and neighborhood
Possible large master planned community
Good Gymnastics, Soccer programs for our 8 year old
Easy access to running and hiking trails( I assume many hoods fit this criteria)
We are non LDS, but we love and respect all people and their beliefs.

Thank you for your help
I would suggest Cottonwood Heights, Holladay, East Millcreek, and Sandy. All of them are nice. Cottonwood Heights and Sandy would probably have more in the way of "newish" homes. The Cottonwood Heights Community Recreation Center is SUPERB! Judging from what you've told us, I think Salt Lake would be a good fit for you. If you are able (and because you like the cold), I would definitely suggest you take up a winter sport.

Old 10-16-2020, 05:50 PM

229 posts, read 217,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I would suggest Cottonwood Heights, Holladay, East Millcreek, and Sandy. All of them are nice. Cottonwood Heights and Sandy would probably have more in the way of "newish" homes. The Cottonwood Heights Community Recreation Center is SUPERB! Judging from what you've told us, I think Salt Lake would be a good fit for you. If you are able (and because you like the cold), I would definitely suggest you take up a winter sport.
Agreed these would be good areas for you.

Old 10-17-2020, 07:44 AM

Wow, i am surprised at what little you get for 600k

Thank you for kind response

Old 10-17-2020, 08:20 AM

914 posts, read 974,305 times
Quote:

Utah property market is hot . Has been for a long time and I lived there between 2015 & 2017

Old 10-17-2020, 08:31 AM

how about South Jordan and Daybreak ?

Old 10-17-2020, 09:13 AM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times
Daybreak would suit your desire for a "large master planned community." It's very nice -- just quite a drive to downtown Salt Lake or to the mountains east of the city. You may get more bang for your buck in South Jordan than you'd get in the eastside neighborhoods I mentioned in my earlier post. It would definitely be worth a look.

Old 10-17-2020, 06:40 PM

5,989 posts, read 6,787,955 times
The farther you get from SLC proper, the more heavily LDS the neighborhoods become. You and your spouse may not feel it so much, but your 8 year old most definitely will.

Old 10-18-2020, 11:31 AM

2,502 posts, read 6,976,691 times
If you want to check out Stansbury Park, you can get more bang for your buck here, and just about all the the things on your checklist. I’ve lived here over 20 years, and I love it.

Old 10-18-2020, 12:12 PM

9,376 posts, read 6,985,952 times
Quote:

Pretty much any western city you will get less house per $ than SLC... Denver, Seattle, Portland, Cali... You might be able to get slightly more house in Boise, Phoenix, and Vegas but it won't be that much more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area