Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 09:49 AM

2,928 posts, read 2,181,265 times

Advertisements

no one ever mentions tracy aviary? anyway, i like it but i love birds so maybe it's just me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2018, 02:41 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,433,492 times
This is a great list of suggestions, most of which sound perfect for our family! I’m looking forward to looking up a little more about each of them. Thanks so much and keep them coming. I’ll post a recap when we get back.

Old 06-21-2018, 03:29 PM

28,151 posts, read 30,111,272 times
One more suggestion... I've never been there, but the Museum of Natural Curiosity at Thanksgiving Point sounds great! If it's anything at all like the Exploratorium in San Francisco, it would be a wonderful experience.

Old 06-21-2018, 04:30 PM

116 posts, read 412,915 times
Consider doing the Timpanogos hike & cave tour. It's a paved hike with spectacular views followed by a fun and rather unique cave tour. You gotta buy your tickets in advance because they only allow so many visitors per day. Book a morning slot (cooler for the hike) and go on a weekday, if possible, as traffic in that canyon can get busy on weekends. It's about 45 minutes from Midvale.

Old 07-11-2018, 12:41 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,433,492 times
We just got back from several days in SLC and the whole family enjoyed it. Some of the highlights:

Hiking up to Lake Mary (with a 2 year old on my shoulders)
Lunch at Red Iguana 2
Hiking around Silver Lake, and including the spur up to Twin Peaks Res (with a 5 year old on my shoulders)
Exploring Red Butte Garden
Checking out the museum and an IMAX show at Clark Planetarium
Lots of time in the hotel pool, which felt pretty good on those 99F afternoons
Supper at Poke Luau
Relaxing time at Liberty Park, although we spent so much time at the playground that we never made it into the Aviary!

I was a little disappointed not to at least swing out to Antelope Island, but my wife wasn't that interested. Some other relatives went and loved it, though. Both Timpanogos and the Museum of Natural History looked great, but we thought a couple of our kids were a little young for them. Would love to come back and check out what we missed in a couple years when they are older.

Thanks again for the insight!

Old 07-11-2018, 01:36 PM

2,502 posts, read 6,990,007 times
Glad you had a great time! Visit again soon!

Old 07-11-2018, 01:42 PM

28,151 posts, read 30,111,272 times
Thanks so much for the trip report! More often that not, we never hear back from people we've given suggestions to, and it's so nice to get some positive feedback for a change.

Old 07-26-2018, 03:14 PM

10 posts, read 9,317 times
My family went to Silver Lake last week and did the little hike around the the boardwalk. It was Awesome! We fished for a bit, saw a Moose, took some family pictures and the lake was gorgeous! Some other ideas would be This is the Place, Hogle Zoo, Lagoon amusement park, the Planetarium, City Creek, there are so many things to check out and explore!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
View detailed profiles of: