Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2018, 01:07 PM

1,081 posts, read 2,472,713 times

Advertisements

I just accepted a job offer in Salt Lake City and need to find an apartment that I can move into later this month. My budget will not allow much more than $1K/month, ideally I'd like to spend less.

I did look at some apartments when I was in the area last month, but when I do more research on them online, I'm surprised at how many negative comments there are about these and other apartments in the SLC metro area. I'm aware already that West Valley City has a reputation for being one of the higher crime areas, so that's not my first choice. But from Taylorsville to Murray to Millcreek and even Holladay and Cottonwood Heights, many residents complain about car break-ins, which worries me because this is not an issue I've had to deal with anywhere I have lived thus far. There also seems to be a lot of unscrupulous management at some of these communities that hit residents with unexpected fees and fines, ranging from parking issues to heavy fees charged at move out time.

Are there any good apartment communities in my price range that anyone can recommend? I just need a 1 BR and I have no pets. Ideally I'd like to find something not more than about a 20 minute drive from both South Salt Lake and Midvale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2018, 08:22 PM

234 posts, read 221,385 times
Since SLC rates seem to be about half of LA rates, and $2000/mo is minimum for 1 BR (no parking) in LA, you might find it.

Old 09-15-2018, 01:43 PM

914 posts, read 974,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manyroads View Post
I just accepted a job offer in Salt Lake City and need to find an apartment that I can move into later this month. My budget will not allow much more than $1K/month, ideally I'd like to spend less.

I did look at some apartments when I was in the area last month, but when I do more research on them online, I'm surprised at how many negative comments there are about these and other apartments in the SLC metro area. I'm aware already that West Valley City has a reputation for being one of the higher crime areas, so that's not my first choice. But from Taylorsville to Murray to Millcreek and even Holladay and Cottonwood Heights, many residents complain about car break-ins, which worries me because this is not an issue I've had to deal with anywhere I have lived thus far. There also seems to be a lot of unscrupulous management at some of these communities that hit residents with unexpected fees and fines, ranging from parking issues to heavy fees charged at move out time.

Are there any good apartment communities in my price range that anyone can recommend? I just need a 1 BR and I have no pets. Ideally I'd like to find something not more than about a 20 minute drive from both South Salt Lake and Midvale.
Husband lived in Murray and no issues . His apartments were Cobble Creek and were fine

Old 09-19-2018, 06:37 AM

246 posts, read 320,964 times
I thought I had a place I could recommend, but they’ve remodeled since I moved out and rent has doubled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area