Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2019, 07:49 PM

3 posts, read 1,418 times

Advertisements

You absolutely need an attorney to protect your maternal rights, as well as your alimony rights. Just because your husband "told" you that your daughter can stay with you, it isn't a guarantee that he won't change his mind later. Many times when you get together with your attorneys and start dividing up your assets, your debts, alimony for 1 of you, custody issues, and don 't forget child support, he may change his mind.

When I went through my divorce it was very easy in the beginning. However. as we started to divide up all of our property, as well as all of our bank accounts, his attitude started to change. By the time the attorneys
finished dividing up our debts, he changed his mind. Because he made lots more money than me, as well as working 24-hour shifts as a firefighter, he was ordered to pay both alimony and child support to me. Alimony was only paid until I got remarried and child support until my son finished high school. My ex did get our son for 2 days a week depending on what his work schedule was. He wasn't happy about paying any of it. We did have to sell the house and he got most pf those proceeds since he paid the down payment. I was fine with that
A divorce can be very complicated. You need a good attorney because there's no way to know everything that can go wrong. It's to protect you and your child.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2019, 03:57 PM

2,264 posts, read 971,723 times
The most important legal contract most people will ever enter into is the marriage contract but it’s not available in written form for both parties to read and understand before signing. If it were, issues such as dissolution wouldn’t be so costly and difficult to understand.

Of course, if it were available in clearly written form marriage would become nearly obsolete overnight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
View detailed profiles of: