Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2008, 01:12 PM

1 posts, read 1,570 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,
I have recently received a job offer from a company at smithfield. Right now i am kind of wondering if I should go ahaed a take it or not. I like the company and the position, my biggest area of unkown is the life style. Somepeople told me to look around Logan area? If i have a job at smithfield what would be some good areas to look into

Here are some of my concern...
i am 22 and single
I am not white and i'm also muslim.
Most of my life i lived in big cities.
Im not exactly a party type of guy..or club hopping type. I prefer little quite and slower pace. I had the chance to visit around the area, it seemed pretty ok.

I just wanted to know how conservative people in the area are? Like for some one with my ethnical and religious background...will be able to fit in? From what I have read so far..most people said people are pretty nice, and its what you make out of it. That being said...i had a chance to live in a small conservative town for a year or so, and being a Muslim wasnt exactly the best thing. People called me name and stuff... Im used to it by now..but I much rather not deal with that type of things....

Also in terms of social life for some one from my age..? what can i expect? what are some of the things to do.

How is the living expense..? apartment..food and all that..? If im making somewhere around mid 30s..will I be able to live nice and be able to save some money..?

If i decide to take the job..is thr any place where i can meet people who are new to this town as well? Also I have been really into community service all my life. Is thier oppertunities to be involved in comuunity service related programs around thr.?

I would greatly appreciate any valuable info. you guys can provide me with. This is a pretty big dicession for me. I will be leaving everyone bk to come here. I dont know anyone thr. And looking at the price of plane ticket, i wont be able to just fly out and visit them for a weekend or something. I know some of the qs i have asked already been answered, but I would really appreciate if if you guys can answer it again. And if you have any other advice please let me know!!

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 01:19 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,824,181 times
I can't really tell you anything about that area except to repeat what I have heard, that it has a nice safe feel to it, everyone knows everyone else and it's a bit of a drive from Salt Lake City. There are 2 mosques in Salt Lake and a good sized Muslim population - including Bosnians and other refugees.Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area