Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 12:53 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,766,452 times

Advertisements

Actually the rent is not 30% of the total income, but the adjusted gross rent, after they make some deductions. It will be less.

If you don't have a calculator or have one on your computer, just type in calculator and press enter and you will have an online calculator to use. Enter the total amount of income times .30 to get 30% of any number.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2012, 09:29 AM

1,961 posts, read 4,385,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibelle View Post
Wasn't sure she had one, since she came here for the answer to a math problem :P I was sure she had a computer, since she posted here.

I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself.
I was going to mention the computer calculator...I guess my response could be viewed as a little too much on the snarky side - not really intended though.

Old 12-11-2014, 05:53 PM

1 posts, read 689 times
Ok so I just got the housing voucher and I'm just waiting for the answer back on it. It will be about 2 to 4 weeks they said. But they seem to be pretty fast lately, including real nice people as well. Surprisingly, I was told they were very uptight. Not the case where I am from. They are the most caring folks I have ever been dealing with lately, especially seeing as I have had so many issues lately with life its self and a disability I'm dealing with. Any ways my question is an income of 399.00 ( welfare, temporarily) because I am in college to better my self. What amount am I aloud to go up to on renting and apt, duplex so on. I do know its 30% of my income, but when I look for a place what is the amount maximum they allow, plus I believe seeing as I have a daughter they say I will only get a 1 bedroom, seeing as we are both females. So like can I rent a place for 700, 800.... This is what I need to know, so I can start early on looking for a place. By the way I live in the salt lake valley, in Utah.

Old 12-17-2014, 10:43 AM

1,786 posts, read 2,668,283 times
Moderator cut: not allowed

Here, let me try again.

missycw, try this website:
Housing Authority » Section 8
There are also links on the left side of the page that may provide further information.

Also, in the future, if you create a new topic it is generally received better by the internet community. Taking a topic, that has been dorment for years, and posting your somewhat-related question is technically acceptable, but often gets little response as people often won't go directly to the last post, and those who do often don't consider it good manners to "thread-jack" or participate in "thread necromancy." You probably didn't know this, but hopefully that helps in the future. Best of luck in your housing search.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 12-17-2014 at 07:50 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area