Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 10:24 PM
m22 m22 started this thread

139 posts, read 586,124 times

Advertisements

Looking for a good beginner's tap/ballet/hip hop dance studio for my 5 year old near Stone Oak. Any recs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2008, 07:06 AM

95 posts, read 417,047 times
Thank you for asking this -- I'm looking for the same thing for my 7 yr old who has danced for about 5 years.

Old 08-21-2008, 04:26 PM

3,216 posts, read 8,553,385 times
I have heard great things about Heather Stolle School of Dance, on Stone Oak @ Huebner (however, I have never been there...)

www.hssdance.com - About Heather Stolle's School of Dance (http://www.hssdance.com/aboutus - broken link)

Old 08-21-2008, 06:03 PM

321 posts, read 1,069,215 times
The Little Gym just opened up a branch this week in Stone Oak, along Wilderness Oaks Blvd. Unfortunately they are not yet offering their dance class, but will as soon as they generate enough interest in it.
Has anyone had their child in their Dance The Little Gym Way class in any of their other SA locations? Their supposed relaxed and non-competitive environment sounds just right for my 6 year old daughter who has never been to a dance class before.

Here is what they advertise:
"Dance The Little Gym Way is a unique combination of ballet, tap, creative movement and gymnastics, plus lots of fun and laughter for children ages 3 to 12. Children learn real dance skills in a relaxed, non-competitive environment. Watch as your child develops by leaps and bounds. Class length is 60 minutes."

The Little Gym (http://www.thelittlegym.com/gym/default.aspx?gymid=517 - broken link)

Old 06-20-2009, 09:25 PM

1 posts, read 8,716 times
Do you know the cost of the Little Gym dance classes? The Thousand Oaks location is closer to where I live, but I've been trying to find a fun class for my 3 year old. I have been looking online for about 30 minutes trying to find the cost and can't get an answer anywhere!

Old 06-21-2009, 11:41 AM

271 posts, read 987,758 times
My 6 year old daughter has been going to Heather Stolle's for 3 years now. We love it!!! Heather is very sweet and patient with the girls. She prepares them well for the end of year recital which is PRECIOUS!! At the end of this year, my daughter asked if I could sign her up again for next year- my daughter's interest in returning is proof to me that she loves going there and I am happy to oblige!

Old 09-10-2009, 05:00 PM

We ended up at LA Performing Arts at Stone Oak & Huebner and have been pleased. It is about $200 from Sept-Dec. Did not hear positive things about Heather Stolle, in terms of their staff (rude?) Two friends said they were very unfriendly about siblings in the waiting room & I think someone said this year that siblings are not allowed at all. (check that though, if you are interested). That would be hard for me though - I did not even drop in to look into it.

Also looked into the Little Gym for tumbling classes for son. $400 for 20 classes weeks was too rich for my blood! I don't even pay $20 per session for my own fitness classes, yoga, etc. I wish the Little Gym had drop-in sessions because I could see doing it once or twice. They seemed very friendly and my friends who go there love it. They also have a very loose make-up policy so you never lose your money. But it's all irrelevant to me because I just won't pay that much for a 4-year-old to jump on a trampoline & somersault on a mat. I think something like $200 would be fair.

Old 09-11-2009, 07:53 AM

1,439 posts, read 3,883,205 times
I know you already have found an answer but I thought I would post one more school. My daughter is going for the first time today to the Performing Arts Conservatory of Texas. It is in the shopping center off 281 with the Target/World Market/Hobby Lobby. The manager Jeff has been wonderful in getting us all set up!

Here is there website if anyone wants more info...
http://www.performingartsconservatoryoftexas.com/

Old 09-11-2009, 03:02 PM

Oh yes! We called them & they seemed very nice. They are just starting up, right? Are they expensive? (I imagine we'll grow out of LA Performing Arts eventually if my daughter likes dancing).

Old 09-11-2009, 07:47 PM

1,439 posts, read 3,883,205 times
It is $60 a month for a one hour class once a week. But you can choose to take more classes at a different price. I am thrilled with the experience we had today!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio