Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 10:32 PM

448 posts, read 919,593 times

Advertisements

Enjoy.

YouTube - ‪Gay Pride 2011 San Antonio Texas-Highlights‬‏
(Martha Wash begins @ 3:00)

Martha Wash Mix-

YouTube - ‪Gay Pride 2011-Martha Wash-Mix‬‏

From QSanantonio.com-

Entire neighborhood electrified by Pride San Antonio

QSanAntonio.com, July 3, 2011

Even though there was a fence around the Pride San Antonio Block Party in Crockett Park it could not contain the sheer size of the celebration. The entire Main Avenue strip, from the Essence Bar on the south to the Silver Dollar Saloon at the northern end, was bursting to the seams with revelers

From mysa.com-
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/loc...st-1450844.php
Gotta love Zeus. (See pic)

Last edited by SAguy; 07-04-2011 at 10:47 PM..

Old 07-04-2011, 10:47 PM

431 posts, read 766,340 times
"Was looking through some Pride pics , and there's dicks everywhere.
I have to wonder what the liberal argument is for this. Clearly it's one of the first and loudest complaints from conservative types, and I think it deserves some discussion.
Is there a segment of the gay community who also feel that people should keep their dick in their pants in front of children?
Would it be entirely blasphemous to keep clothes on at Pride parades?
I know I'm asking some pointed/loaded questions, but I find it a difficult argument to defend against when asked. Someone will say "why are we paying for this?" (the parade) and you respond with something standard, and then it's "For them to walk around with their dicks out slapping each other on the ass while kids walk by in broad daylight? On our streets?"
... But they're GAY! They're HARMLESS! Is that it? I find it hard to find a suitable explanation. If a stripper didn't cover themselves up when they walked outside, they'd be arrested. If I brought my kid into a strip club, I'd be arrested. Yet once a year we hold a nude **** amnesty in the heart of the city, and not only is it not wrong, it's entirely defensible?"

borrowed this question from someone, was wondering sa take on this.

Old 07-04-2011, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theeddie View Post
"Was looking through some Pride pics , and there's dicks everywhere.
I have to wonder what the liberal argument is for this. Clearly it's one of the first and loudest complaints from conservative types, and I think it deserves some discussion.
Is there a segment of the gay community who also feel that people should keep their dick in their pants in front of children?
Would it be entirely blasphemous to keep clothes on at Pride parades?
I know I'm asking some pointed/loaded questions, but I find it a difficult argument to defend against when asked. Someone will say "why are we paying for this?" (the parade) and you respond with something standard, and then it's "For them to walk around with their dicks out slapping each other on the ass while kids walk by in broad daylight? On our streets?"
... But they're GAY! They're HARMLESS! Is that it? I find it hard to find a suitable explanation. If a stripper didn't cover themselves up when they walked outside, they'd be arrested. If I brought my kid into a strip club, I'd be arrested. Yet once a year we hold a nude **** amnesty in the heart of the city, and not only is it not wrong, it's entirely defensible?"

borrowed this question from someone, was wondering sa take on this.
Hmmm...sounds like you attended a different event than Pride.

Old 07-04-2011, 10:56 PM

its a general question on some of the events including sa, just wondering what your feeling is on it?

just looking at some of the sa news pics i can almost promise you some bad things happened

Old 07-04-2011, 11:08 PM

Quote:
its a general question on some of the events including sa, just wondering what your feeling is on it?

just looking at some of the sa news pics i can almost promise you some bad things happened
You're making an assumption. Open up your mind and actually attend one the many events held in SA. Next event will be held in October @ La Villita Assembly Hall.

Old 07-04-2011, 11:10 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,784,667 times
Quote:

While I am not really a fan of the flamboyant show the performers put on, I don't see any more nudity in the pics than I would see at a public swimming pool.

I would certainly expect conservatives to find any reason to downplay such an event.

I didn't get to comment in the other thread before it was shut down but some posters were saying homosexuality is immoral and was illegal at one time in this country. Many other things were as well such as women voting and blacks being in public schools with whites. Women fought to be able to vote and blacks fought for freedom so I really don't see this public display for more acceptance towards homosexuality any different than the two examples I just listed.

Old 07-04-2011, 11:10 PM

693 posts, read 1,502,946 times
I've never been to SA Pride before but I'd love to go sometime. It looked like a great event too bad I missed it. I'm glad SA has a gay pride event because love is love. Equality for all people is a basic civil right that lots of people tend to forget. I hope this thread doesn't get closed like the last one because a bunch of members are anti-gay and don't want gay events posted on this forum. Martha Wash sounded amazing!

Old 07-04-2011, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTx View Post
While I am not really a fan of the flamboyant show the performers put on, I don't see any more nudity in the pics than I would see at a public swimming pool.

I would certainly expect conservatives to find any reason to downplay such an event.

I didn't get to comment in the other thread before it was shut down but some posters were saying homosexuality is immoral and was illegal at one time in this country. Many other things were as well such as women voting and blacks being in public schools with whites. Women fought to be able to vote and blacks fought for freedom so I really don't see this public display for more acceptance towards homosexuality any different than the two examples I just listed.

nsfw

Moderator cut: links

Last edited by Bo; 07-05-2011 at 07:06 AM.. Reason: NSFW = Not PG-13, City-Data is a PG-13 message board. Members can DM you for the links, since you're supporting your reply.

Old 07-04-2011, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAguy View Post
You're making an assumption. Open up your mind and actually attend one the many events held in SA. Next event will be held in October @ La Villita Assembly Hall.
do you condone the actions that happen at some other other events?

Old 07-04-2011, 11:24 PM

693 posts, read 1,502,946 times
Quote:
Yet once a year we hold a nude **** amnesty in the heart of the city, and not only is it not wrong, it's entirely defensible?"
So why it is okay for SA to hold a big party every year during April? You know Fiesta the party that is to remember the Independence of Texas which it is not that anymore. People get wasted then drink and drive killing more people in one month then any other time during the year. We have a big party that allows for people to kill other people. Yet it is not okay to have party about equality for all people. Why is that?

Edit to add: I should probably mention that I'm mostly talking about NIOSA since people might take it wrong way meaning all of Fiesta. Don't tell me, people are actually remembering the Independence of Texas while getting **** face drunk and eating a ton of food at NIOSA. Let's not forget Oyster Bake either that's just a big drunken fest too.

Last edited by txmusicgal; 07-04-2011 at 11:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio