Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 02:17 PM

3,111 posts, read 9,209,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by perticusrex View Post
I know plenty of SouthSiders taking advantage of the pool at Westcreek....
damn southsiders!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2010, 02:18 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,292,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtrkgrl View Post
damn southsiders!
I know right?????

Old 08-04-2010, 02:22 PM

298 posts, read 945,349 times
This is happening everywhere! Our neighborhood pool is closed on Wed. (entry card does not work on this day) and I drove by last week to see a lady with 7 small boys using the pool....I yelled to her that the pool was closed and asked how in the world she got in when the cards don't open the gate on Wed. Her response was "I don't know, I'm just here visiting my mom from Mexico"....great explanation....we know one of the boys hopped the fence and let everyone in.....next time I'm calling the Bexar county sheriff.

Old 08-04-2010, 03:05 PM

354 posts, read 712,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl1 View Post
This is happening everywhere! Our neighborhood pool is closed on Wed. (entry card does not work on this day) and I drove by last week to see a lady with 7 small boys using the pool....I yelled to her that the pool was closed and asked how in the world she got in when the cards don't open the gate on Wed. Her response was "I don't know, I'm just here visiting my mom from Mexico"....great explanation....we know one of the boys hopped the fence and let everyone in.....next time I'm calling the Bexar county sheriff.
Well, on a lighter note, it would be kind of amusing to call 911 to report someone frolicking in the pool. Of course if you say they are trespassing it takes on a whole other light. There was a couple the other night who were having sex in the pool. It was 1AM. I wouldn't have been up at that hour, except my dogs were whining at the door to pee. So I got up to let them out. Well let's just say I saw more than I needed to. They tried to hide behind some bushes but I saw them get in and out of the pool naked as I was walking down. I had already heard some noises from inside my apartment, but didn't put two and two together until I stepped outside. I just pretended like I was oblivious and walked back up the steps

SIDE NOTE: I used to see all kinds of crazy stuff living in L.A....walked past a guy who was standing outside behind a hedge with a t-shirt on and nothing else...and his hand was moving you know where.

Old 08-04-2010, 07:46 PM

1,276 posts, read 3,825,678 times
Same problem in our neighborhood with our pool. I could watch cars circle over and over until they saw someone with a key heading to the pool and they'd then park and jump in behind them to get in the pool. Then they would prop the gate open and leave it open for the city of SA to use as they please. The HOA has literally spents thousands of dollars this year to repair the damage that's been done the last few years.

The community has since hired pool monitors. No pool monitor, no open pool. It sucks when life happens and there are occasions (very few though) when they can't make it in. But the pool cannot be opened and unattended because kids literally damage the place (I've witnessed it on more than one occasion kids taking the pool furniture and smashing it against the pool until it breaks.) When the pool isn't open, there is a chain and lock around the gate so even if one has a key, they can't get in the pool. There are also surveillance cameras that run during the off hours that when someone trips the camera and lights the monitoring agency is notified. It has been a good deterrent. Sure we get people now and then jump the fence at odd hours, but when the sirens, lights, and giant voice goes off they get out quick.

Old 08-05-2010, 12:03 AM

420 posts, read 1,155,670 times
Our complex gave everyone a keychain that you are supposed to have at the pool to prove you are allowed. But I have never seen anyone come checking for it.

As for the person saying they do not want you in the subdivision: If its a gated community they can restrict your access. If it is open then those are public roads, sidewalks, and easements. They can just suck it. They have no legal basis to stop you. Now if you allow your animal to do its business on someones lawn or property they can get you for trespass and property damage regardless of you cleaning it up or not. But you are free to walk the dog and let him do his duty on public property as long as you clean it up and they cannot say crap. you should advise her of this if she says it again. They wont gate it because that means they have to pay for road maintenance themselves instead of city funds. If they do gate it that probably great. It means all those home owners will have a lot more in dues every year to cover the gate and repairs to the road.

Old 08-05-2010, 12:46 AM

1,316 posts, read 3,407,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl1 View Post
Good for you!!!

Old 08-05-2010, 05:42 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times
Well, here we are back to the teachings of consideration and being responsible for someone elses property. The kids learn it from their parents PERIOD.

Lets get real, how many complex's can afford security guards at their pools? IMHO complex's could work out a deal with one of their tenants to be at the pool and check ID cards issued by the
complex during pool hours. The tenant could bring in one or two guests, that's reasonable......

Are there signs up at the pool designating it as a private pool for tenants only?

Old 08-05-2010, 06:18 AM

354 posts, read 712,244 times
The problem with the subdivision is that she is complaining that people in the neighborhood are going in there. Well, she needs to shut the gates then if she doesn't want that. I mean, the gates are ALWAYS open--no private prop./trespassing sign. I spoke with the office about the subdivision people hanging in the pool area. They are well aware but are hesitant to confront the subdivision?! It didn't really start to bother me until they started hanging out until the wee hours of the AM. I live right above one of the pools and I hear EVERYTHING. The problem with people trespassing too is that there is always some sort of increased fee to the tenants. It trickles down. I decided not to renew my lease and move over to their nicer, gated property for the remainder of my time in S.A., but on my lease renewal form, they had a brand new 'pool fee' WTH? And yes, there are signs, but people ignore them.

Old 08-05-2010, 09:37 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,820,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perticusrex View Post
I know plenty of SouthSiders taking advantage of the pool at Westcreek....
They check IDs, how is that possible?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio