Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 08:27 AM

137 posts, read 284,150 times

Advertisements

So pretty much everyone is looking at 100-160ish? Unless you call and knock a few bucks off?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 12:26 PM

1 posts, read 2,187 times
I don't think U-verse is the answer. Sorry, but I worked as Tech Rep taking calls to resolve problems for Uverse. you have to be within 3000ft of the node or else u get lots of problems. Call center time per customer on phone target is 20mins. Calls u got to handle is over 20calls. So there is a pressure to get u off the phone asap in a tactful way. too much competition for Philipeans, Agentina, Mexico, India att call ctrs. When u call make sure u tell them you want US reps. Keep ATT job in US. TWC hardiness is better equipment, faster service. I was also a TWC Install tech,(all free TWC services) but telephone pole climbing was not my thing for what they pay. But, now that the analog tv spectrum is no longer needed, twc will have more bandwidth to use for more features. I pay $128(incl taxes 13.89) for InState phone, private listing, 1 HD receiver, RR 750Mbps, HD pkg,no movie ch. my kids rent dvd for $1/day at Mcdonalds and other DVD renting machines - DIGI1000- price lock guarantee-2yrs. I don't know about the RR powerbooster. Nickle&diming to death. good luck!

Old 07-24-2009, 02:51 PM

410 posts, read 1,250,032 times
TWC call times are far longer than Uverse, and TWC techs don't seem to know how to do anything at all, they truly are some of the worst "customer service" reps ever. I've said before that TWC couldn't troubleshoot their way out of a paper bag.

Anybody that lists themselves as having 750 Mbps can't really know what their doing either. Sorry

Old 09-02-2009, 02:40 PM

16 posts, read 34,879 times
I only need internet as I do not watch much TV, but TWC is fair bit more expensive than AT&T, and much more than Verizon, my present ISP. I am not thrill about having to deal with TWC

Old 09-02-2009, 02:44 PM

715 posts, read 1,357,246 times
for cable(the standard pkg with one reciever)phone, and internet........me and my wife are currently paying about 145.00 We have no movie channels may I add.

Old 09-02-2009, 06:10 PM

137 posts, read 284,150 times
93 dollars for cable and internet. I priced it online at it was 85.00 but then I called and lo and behold it was more expensive, I am amazed at how crappy their customer service is.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:58 AM

5 posts, read 8,820 times
While watching TW cable TV, has anyone ever experienced to see a blue screen with a message of "Press the select key on your cable remote control to return to your program" all of a sudden?
Does anyone know why this happens so often and know how to prevent this?
Since we don't have a DVR, we still use a VCR and get upset when the recorded program was erased with this blue screen.
We have another problem related to timer recording through TWC using our VCR: two different alert shows up --- (1) DVI Alert "Your HDTV does not support HDCP. Please use the YPrPb component connection to watch TV." and (2) Copy Protection "The DVI/HDMI output is blocked. Press EXIT to Cancel."
We had TWC tech (contractor) fix this problem once, but he couldn't fix it. Does anyone know how to fix this?
What is the best way to get free DVR service from TWC because of these continued unsolvable problems?

Old 09-03-2009, 10:14 AM

427 posts, read 1,174,790 times
I've had the same cell phone plan for 8 years and the rate has stayed the same since the beginning. Why do TV and internet providers play these games with their plans and prices? It's frustrating!

I called TWC and mentioned AT&T, finally got them to reduce my bill by over $70 a month. But of course the rate is only for 12 months and I'll have to "negotiate" the next rate once this plan is over.

How many other businesses could get away with these practices?

Old 09-03-2009, 01:00 PM

715 posts, read 1,357,246 times
about two years ago when we first moved into our house, the tech that hooked us up (a contractor for TW, not an actual TW employee) mentioned that within a couple of years, COX was suppose to buy out TW. Like I said though, this was in late 2007 when he told me this and still nothing. Yea, we got in with the $99 for cable, phone, and internet and when we first started, it was like $126 a month. Now like I mentioned yesterday, we are at 145 for one reciever with no movie channels. We had showtime for a year when we first started free.

Old 09-03-2009, 01:26 PM

427 posts, read 1,174,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davi78239 View Post
about two years ago when we first moved into our house, the tech that hooked us up (a contractor for TW, not an actual TW employee) mentioned that within a couple of years, COX was suppose to buy out TW. Like I said though, this was in late 2007 when he told me this and still nothing. Yea, we got in with the $99 for cable, phone, and internet and when we first started, it was like $126 a month. Now like I mentioned yesterday, we are at 145 for one reciever with no movie channels. We had showtime for a year when we first started free.
That's exactly it. Once the year runs out you're paying for long distance instead of getting it free, paying $25 for 2 movie channels, only getting one box free and paying for HD service etc. A $126 a month bill can easily go to $240 overnight.

I would call them and let them know you're looking to cancel your service. I recently did and ended up getting HBO and Showtime, 3 boxes, one with HD DVR, and free long distance for about $155 which includes tax. But of course it's only good for 12 months and then you have to play the game all over again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio