Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 08:06 AM

48 posts, read 199,472 times

Advertisements

I have been working from home for over 3 yrs, I have a four yr old and a 10 mnth old. I love it! We are relocating soon and I love that I can take time off if I want and my business moves along with me. Moderator cut: private website Good luck with your search and due diligence is the key!
Anita

Last edited by AustinTraveler; 08-06-2007 at 08:16 PM.. Reason: No private websites please

Old 08-03-2007, 08:48 AM

37 posts, read 192,194 times
I worked with Alpine Access for a while and they are a good company to work for. I got paid $9 hr with benefits after 90 days. It doesn't seem like a lot but when you factor in commuting to work, clothing, childcare, meals, etc. it ended up being better for me to do this. I'm a SAHM and was able to continue being home for my family and still contribute financially. Gotta love it!

Old 08-03-2007, 11:18 AM

1 posts, read 3,677 times
Hi, I would love a list of work from home companies also that doesn't involve selling or telemarketing or multi-level marketing. ldesmet555@yahoo.com
I'm a single mom of 3 and recently lost my job!

Old 08-06-2007, 08:13 PM

9 posts, read 20,361 times
Thanks guys for the great info here it has been a great big help for my wife and I...

Old 08-06-2007, 08:31 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,779,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffy888 View Post
You might also consider doing secret shopping. It definitely is more for spending money rather than paying-the-bills money, but it might work for you depending on what you need. One place to get started is the Volition website (can't remember if we can post websites here or not - just do an internet search for Volition mystery shopping) - it has forums where you can see some jobs that are available, get feedback from people on what companies are reliable, etc.
I signed up with over 250 secret shopping companies over 3 years ago and gave not obtained an assignment yet. all a bunch of lies I think.

Old 08-06-2007, 11:01 PM

874 posts, read 2,893,405 times
I don't know for sure what the mystery shopping is like in San Antonio. We are moving back to San Antonio next week - currently in Omaha. I signed up with about 15 or so mystery shopping companies - got assignments from maybe 3 of them. I told myself it was because Omaha is small compared to other cities - I thought that I would actually get more assignments once we moved to S.A. Guess you shot a hole through that hope, though. I never made tons of money with it - mainly just did a few assignments here and there to places I would go normally (grocery store, restaurants, etc.) - there were lots I didn't do because I'm not that good at acting (I did get tons of offers to do shops at apartment complexes, which I figured I wouldn't do well because we own our house in Omaha and I haven't lived in an apartment for many years; now, of course, we are actually looking for an apartment in S.A. because we just need something temporary until we sell our house). Oh, well, it's not a huge loss if I don't get any m.s. shops once we move.

Old 08-09-2007, 12:03 PM

17 posts, read 88,341 times
Could I also get that list of comapnies sent to me? My email address is toliv514@yahoo.com or pm me?
Thanks I would really appreciate it. Daycare is too expensive for me right now.

Old 08-09-2007, 05:32 PM

8 posts, read 55,543 times
on the topic of mystery shopping...

You can make money mystery shopping, not a lot, but some. The thing to look for is hidden camera assignments. They are less work (no forms to fill out) but often require some travel, outlay of cash and credit checks from the companies you are sent to shop. I've bought cars for Ford, bought trinkets from pawn shops, inquired into financing from manufactured home salesmen, etc. I've made as much as $600 in a day and could have made more if I had been willing to travel north of Austin. I made between $35 and $60 for those shops and that was several years ago.

That said, both my wife and I currently mystery shop restaurants as a way to enjoy a free dinner. Rarely do they pay anything over and above the price of the dinner. Also, most won't allow children on the shop. However, the nicer restaurants will allow a $120 ~ $180 tab. There is a particular seafood chain here that I eat at regularly and haven't paid for a meal there in 10 years. The key to getting the jobs is writing clearly and concisely. The latter being the more important. If you make the editors work, they'll drop your job score.

Oh yeah, answer "no" to any of the questions and not elaborating on it (even if inanely) in the report will get everyone peeved at you.

Pinkerton detective agency does camera mystery shops. The company I worked for was Texas based... but I've forgotten the name. If there is interest, I can dig in my email and find them. More than likely they've been swallowed up by someone else though....

Old 08-09-2007, 09:45 PM

5 posts, read 17,917 times
I was looking for a reliable list of companies to work from home. I was just recently burned by a work from home internet scam on craigslist.org. I'm still interested in working form home. Wanting to do something like typing and getting paid for what I do not commission driven. Would appreciate any help you can offer. scottporter16@hotmail.com

Last edited by AustinTraveler; 08-10-2007 at 06:42 AM..

Old 08-10-2007, 01:48 AM

8 posts, read 55,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sporter2 View Post
I was looking for a reliable list of companies to work from home. I was just recently burned by a work from home internet scam on craigslist.org. I'm still interested in working form home. Wanting to do something like typing and getting paid for what I do not commission driven. Would appreciate any help you can offer. scottporter16@hotmail.com
It seems to me that I remember someone doing medical transcription from home. That sounds like what you are interested in. You might give Google a shot and see what pops up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio