Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 12:16 PM

2,216 posts, read 4,541,701 times

Advertisements

When the manager walked by and was asked respectfully if they had enough cards to sell it would have been nice if he had been honest with everyone instead of being evasive with his answer. He knew that the didn't have 1000 cards to sell. That's what ticked people in the area I was in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2010, 01:24 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,878,067 times
So glad I skipped out on it. Sorry about the disappointment mamtotex. Was this their first year doing this?

Old 11-26-2010, 02:29 PM

I'm not sure if it was their first year. Honestly I didn't mind. I'd go again, I'd just get in line earlier. Alot of people were really mad though. I was just wishing the manager had been honest when asked.

Old 11-27-2010, 01:18 PM

1,316 posts, read 3,407,885 times
I picked up the Magnavox Blu-Ray DVD player (Model Number: 5120) at Walmart for 69.99 yesterday. I come to find out (from the Slickdeals.net website) that the model I purchased was not wireless even though the product packaging said so!

The Magnavox Blu-Ray DVD player Model Number 5130 is wireless. I was at Walmart two hours ago, and lucky for me there were two left yet there were probably 30 or so of the other model which wasn't wireless (taking up an entire shelf too). Hmmmmm is a Walmart employee hiding them??? I think so!

Anyway, I did an even exchange, brought it home and it did pickup a wireless connection and the best part: it was STILL 69.99 (same price as yesterday and the same price as the non-wireless model). There was one extra one there and an older Hispanic lady (peering down with her glasses closer to her nose) with her daughter at her side, overhead my conversation and took the extra one. She thanked me too.

Great deal for me regardless!

I also bought some all-white very comfy shoes priced at 24.99 at JC Penny yesterday. The "shoe model" on display said 34.99 so even the cashier was suprised it was cheaper when he rang it up.

DSW and Ross disappointed me. They had no sales or anything whatsoever. I won't be going there for Black Friday next year.

I also got a Walgreen's high blood pressure monitor for 49.99 (originally 79.99 regular priced) with a $20 mail-in rebate that I'll send in!

I also stopped by Cricket across from the Walmart on Jones Maltsberger and did the "free month" promo again like I did this past summer. You pay for 3 months of service and get a month free (credited to your account instantly). I only pay $42 a month (all taxes included) for my Cricket service (with unlimited voice, text, pic texts, unlimited mobile web and unlimited 411 directory-assistance) so I paid around $129.00 upfront and with one month for free, my next bill won't be due until May 2011!

I'm getting ready to watch Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief on Blu-Ray which I rented for a buck something at a Redbox kiosk yesterday. Now I just need to decide whether I'll make some Penne pasta or Fish-N-Chips. Decisons, decisons.

All in all, Black Friday was very good to me this year.

Old 11-27-2010, 01:44 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,728,132 times
I went out like I said I would. Went to Toys R Us. Was really disappointed in the layout of the new store. That coupled with the fact that it was packed drove me out. I expected the crowd, but coupled with the lousy layout made it not worth it. Came home and later went to Michael's because we collect Lemax Christmas Houses. Michael's used the be THE place in town for that, but they have really shrunken their displays so we left there. We spent most of the entire day out and struck out every where we went. Funny thing was we werent looking for any of the "hot" items. Just decorations and such.

Old 11-27-2010, 04:47 PM

Not just for San Antonio but in favor of "cyber Monday" Kaspersky website has 50% off internet security or virus softwared.
Got a $80 one for $39. Mine was set to expire next week so the timing was perfect.

Old 11-29-2010, 10:44 AM

85 posts, read 201,157 times
I waited in the Santikos line at the Palladium and had a similar experience to mamatotex97. Got there at 5:30 in the morning (I normally wouldn't waste my time, but my wife loves the whole black friday experience) and the managers even handed out tickets to make sure everyone had their place in line. My ticket number was higher than the total number of gift cards.

Why make people wait hours in line if you don't have enough product to satisfy demand? Management should have known better and communicated this to their customers. It doesn't bother me that they only offered 100 cards, but it does bother me that I waited in 40 degree weather for several hours for no reason.

I am not happy and will be spending my money at the Alamo Drafthouse in the future.

On a positive note, I just picked up a Cyber Monday deal on a 32" TV for $308. Staying warm at home in front of the computer is the way to do it!

Old 11-29-2010, 10:54 AM

5,142 posts, read 13,123,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedCoffee View Post
On a positive note, I just picked up a Cyber Monday deal on a 32" TV for $308. Staying warm at home in front of the computer is the way to do it!
Wal Mart had them for $198; it was an Emerson brand. I have one myself and bought it about 3 years ago for $399. Doh!

Old 11-30-2010, 03:40 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,728,132 times
Cyber Monday got me! (I am so weak) Picked up a 60" Sony LCD for $1699 from TigerDirect
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio