Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 11:14 AM

1,373 posts, read 2,958,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EntropyGuardian View Post
And that's the heart of it. Other people shouldn't have to go out of their way to care for YOUR animals. Keep YOUR animals on YOUR property and then everything can be averted. Oh, and if your dog barks one more time all night you'll be having supervised visits with it at the pound.

The difference between pet and pest is only one letter, after all.
This! I'm not sure why people here feel so entitled to other people's homes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2014, 11:58 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,409,476 times
this whole thread makes me want acreage.

Old 01-09-2014, 12:06 PM

4,437 posts, read 5,349,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
this whole thread makes me want acreage.
Right!

If you want you can let you cat roam.

If you want you can poison a cat that got into your flowerbed.

If you want you can shoot that cat.

If you want you can build a huge enclosure for your cat

If you want you can still keep your cat inside.

The possibilitys are endless but then you will be bashed because you are creating sprawl and promoting a unsustainable lifestyle...

Old 01-22-2014, 11:02 AM

36 posts, read 97,308 times
Try reporting her, that's cruelty to animals. Stray cats are strays because of irresponsible humans who toss them out. We feed a stray cat who belonged to a neighbor of ours they bought their little boy a kitty to play with as soon as the cat started growing they tossed him out to the streets I tried taking him back to them but they lie and say it's not theirs. I've been feeding him for two years and I have a small house by my front door for the cold nights. I can't bring him in I have two dogs one is blind and very old I also have two birds. The cat is beautiful and fluffy. Very sad.

Old 01-22-2014, 11:30 AM

501 posts, read 1,050,617 times
This is a sad thread. We have a few stray cats wandering around my neighborhood, and the lady across the streets throws bricks at the poor things whenever they are just sitting around, not even being destructive. I have seen people swerve their cards to TRY to hit them. We are down to about only one stray, which I have captured in my garage. He is now using the litter box, and getting used to receiving affection from people. Next week I will take him to the vet to get fixed, and tested for diseases. Then he will be joining my other two cats that I rescued in a similar fashion...

They are wonderful animals if you just put the time and work into them. Killing them with rat poison is just beyond my comprehension.

Old 01-22-2014, 11:37 AM

501 posts, read 1,050,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post
This! I'm not sure why people here feel so entitled to other people's homes.
We have to take into account that the dog is an animal, and lacks the full cognitive abilities that we as humans enjoy. They will on occasion escape because its their natural inclination to explore. It does not make the OP an irresponsible pet owner just because his dog escaped once. I can understand if this was a recurring theme.

Old 01-22-2014, 12:10 PM

4,437 posts, read 5,349,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshardin View Post
This is a sad thread. We have a few stray cats wandering around my neighborhood, and the lady across the streets throws bricks at the poor things whenever they are just sitting around, not even being destructive. I have seen people swerve their cards to TRY to hit them. We are down to about only one stray, which I have captured in my garage. He is now using the litter box, and getting used to receiving affection from people. Next week I will take him to the vet to get fixed, and tested for diseases. Then he will be joining my other two cats that I rescued in a similar fashion...

They are wonderful animals if you just put the time and work into them. Killing them with rat poison is just beyond my comprehension.
Our neighbor feeds the local strays that run around the Sunset Ridge Shopping Center including the all black one that uses my car for a bed. Even though I have a black car and I can see the muddy little paw prints all over hood I would NEVER hurt or scare the cat away. That being said I don't react like most people and cats are killed for far less than scratching the hood of my new car.

Old 01-22-2014, 02:53 PM

1,220 posts, read 2,682,390 times
I used to HATE cats growing up, until a stray crawled into my home and heart several years ago. Now, I can't imagine my life without these cool creatures. Sorry, but some of you are heartless. It also says a lot about a person on how they 1. Treat their mother and 2. Treat animals. Think about that.

Old 01-22-2014, 04:17 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,878,067 times
Cats are rat poison and also insure you have no roaches.

There are less lethal ways to deter cats from a garden including planting plants they avoid.

Someone should write some tips down and send them to her.

Some people do horrible things because they were never taught better.

On the other hand if she has resorted to rat posion for not knowing better it could be this was a reoccurring theme. Some love their plants and flowers as much as others love their cats. They both can be things some pour their time into although cats can be standoffish not requiring a huge time commitment. So nonchalant cat owners should also try to keep their pets from wandering especially into areas where others have poured more time into.

Old 01-23-2014, 07:40 AM

2,600 posts, read 8,794,210 times
San Antonio, Texas, Code of Ordinances, Part II, Chapter 5: ANIMALS

The Cannoli Fund for Dogs & Cats in King William and Lavaca » san antonio animal laws
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio