Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2011, 06:20 PM

14 posts, read 28,309 times

Advertisements

Forgive me if this has already been covered, but this forum is monstrous and I went back as far as I could but didn't see anything on it.

I love the idea of having an automatic watering system. I'm usually quite the scatterbrain and forget to water during my appointed hours on my watering day or forget to turn the sprinkler off. I'd love to be able to just "set it and forget it."

Does anyone else have an automatic sprinkler system? Can anyone give me a ballpark range in pricing for a pretty basic system with a programmable timer here in SA? We have a pretty small lot, the entire thing (house included) is 60'x105'. How much did you have to pay? What companies should I look to and which should I avoid? Advice? Etc.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2011, 09:35 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,838,269 times
We live in New Braunfels, and got bids from $2-8,000 for our half-acre lot w/11 zones. I'd say that for a standard lot, you'd likely be looking at $3-4,000. If the guy that did ours was still in business, I'd send you his info, but alas, he's not.

Old 06-14-2011, 06:48 AM

737 posts, read 1,583,169 times
$2500 for a decent sized average lot. We used SA Rainmaker for the install and they did do a good job, but after the fact, there were a few blips here and there with customer service that I was not a huge fan with.
I rec Tri County Sprinkler.

Old 06-14-2011, 06:54 AM

7,130 posts, read 11,838,269 times
Sorry - Jane is likely closer on her estimate. I forget that "average size lot" in SA vs New Braunfels is often quite a bit different (70 x 100 is the norm here).

Old 06-14-2011, 07:02 AM

97 posts, read 340,829 times
SA Rainmaker is who we used and right around the quote noted above. I agree with their front end customer service though...had a horrendous experience with the person answering the calls which was so bad that the owner came on and apologized profusely. They came out and fixed the little hiccup we had once we got through it all...so putting aside that one bad experience, I highly recommend...

Old 06-15-2011, 07:08 PM

71 posts, read 139,323 times
I went with Advanced Irrigation Systems of Texas...

Suffice it to say... I would not under any circumstances recommend them to anyone. We have had one problem after another with the system and thier customer service after the sale... Was/is weak.

Just my two cents.

Old 07-21-2011, 02:49 AM

14 posts, read 28,309 times
I just wanted to thank everyone for your helpful replies. I hadn't been receiving any email notifications for replies (save for one!) and I apparently fail at checking the thread itself.

$2,500 doesn't sound too bad at all. I'll definitely have to look into it. So tired of TX summers! My husband gets so cranky about mowing what is mostly dirt any more.

@Me311, I'll definitely make sure to avoid them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio