Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What news cast do you watch?
Kens5 25 21.74%
Ksat12 42 36.52%
Woai 27 23.48%
Fox 6 5.22%
Who watches the news? 15 13.04%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 02:42 PM

1,316 posts, read 3,407,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by _GHOST65_ View Post
If you new to San Antonio, here are some news "personalities" that will make you turn the channel. Too bad each station has a bad egg or two. My personal choice is WOAI Ch 4, but I gotta turn the channel real quick when Kristina DeLeon comes on and mute it before Mireya Villareal speaks. See for yourself.

\
\
\
\WOAI- Kristina DeLeon- She keeps a look on her face like shes constantly smelling a rotten-egg fart. Smile once in a while before your face freezes like that. Mireya Villareal- The way she pronounces her name makes me cringe, pronounce it normally.
\
\KSAT 12-Jojannah Quintinilla- Her voice is so high-pitched it makes my ears bleed and my dog howl. Tone it down...a lot. Steve Brown- My neighbor works there and says theres a maintanance man who tends "Steves garden", he only goes near it when the cameras are on.
\
\Kens 5- Chris Marrou- Thank GOD hes gone. Bridget Smith- San Antonios version of that gaudy, tacky Star Jones. she dresses like a hooker and wears more make-up than a Ronald McDonald...nuff said.
\
\Kabb Fox- Hector Ledesma- The most hated sportscaster in all of San Antonio. If we wanted to hear spanish Hector, we would watch Telemundo. Stop interjecting spanish phrases in english news, mommas boy.

HA! LOVED YOUR POST!

I agree with most everything you said!! *High five*

The only thing i don't is Chris Marrou, and not that he was my favorite anchor or KENS was my favorite. I just think he's irreplaceable, which is why I'll definitely not watch KENS!

I watch WOAI!

At times, I can't stand watching KSAT with their cheap too-lazy-to-spend-some-money-on-a-real news set.

However, I do like KSAT's personalities the best!!

Simmons=Class act, good guy.
Pari=A little to subliminally sexual at times.
Spriester=Awesome good good man!
Browne=The coolest weathercaster in SA!

Also, I can't stand KSAT's news music. It's the same one they've been using since 2003 from "The One and Only" news package by Frank Gari. The package itself is cool and it's been in use since 1998/1999 but they stale sound of the heavy hard hitting last package is old.

WOAI:

I think Jennifer Broome does the best job at "reporting" the weather but Steve Browne makes you feel like you're listening to a friend tell the weather; he knows how to make that genuine connection.

BEAMER: Picks on EVERBODY ALL THE TIME!!!! It's a turnoff. Good, good guy but Beamer stop acting like a spoiled brat and picking on Jenn and Don. He once quipped that Don Harris had uncontrollable gas (on the air!).

RAMON: She's awesome.

Broome: She's awesome.

KENS:

Without Chris Marrou: BLAH!!

KABB: Read comment above about KENS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2010, 02:55 PM

3,111 posts, read 9,209,594 times
Wow!
I don't even pay that close attn.

I watch the beginning of the news and turn it off after the weather. I couldn't even tell you the newscasters names.

I only watch about once a week (if that) and it's usually to check out the weather.

The news is depressing, we need an "all good news" news.

Old 02-24-2010, 11:39 AM

410 posts, read 923,799 times
I watch WOAI every morning, love all the folks there. Reading some of the previous posts, I don't see why people busy themselves criticizing others, pointing out real or perceived faults. How is that productive? Kinda ruins enjoyment of message boards. Anyhoo, have a good day y'all

Old 02-24-2010, 12:15 PM

944 posts, read 2,041,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntonianByChoice View Post
Reading some of the previous posts, I don't see why people busy themselves criticizing others, pointing out real or perceived faults. How is that productive? Kinda ruins enjoyment of message boards.
Welcome to the internet: a lot of people blow off steam through criticizing things. It's as legitimate a use of message boards as blowing rainbows everywhere.

Old 02-24-2010, 01:46 PM

410 posts, read 923,799 times
"tru-dat"

Old 12-04-2014, 09:10 PM

4 posts, read 7,236 times
Mrs. Kristina De Leon Won the most Professional .....especially by me

Old 12-06-2017, 12:04 PM

7 posts, read 5,658 times
Growing up and whenever I visited San Antonio, I'd watch kens and ksat.

Old 12-07-2017, 07:41 AM

501 posts, read 776,897 times
FWIW Dept- WOAI and KABB are both owned by Sinclair Broadcasting. That information likely to put you in either "love it" or "hate it" camp, despite the fact that I've only rarely encountered their branded editorial content (Sharryl Atkinson, Boris Epshtyn, etc) so far.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinclair_Broadcast_Group

Old 12-08-2017, 05:01 PM

1,012 posts, read 1,120,016 times
I have to watch KOAI because I am in love with weather girl Jeannette Calle. Kens 5 always pushes their own agenda.

Old 12-09-2017, 11:34 AM

8,238 posts, read 10,728,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtoman67z View Post
FWIW Dept- WOAI and KABB are both owned by Sinclair Broadcasting. That information likely to put you in either "love it" or "hate it" camp, despite the fact that I've only rarely encountered their branded editorial content (Sharryl Atkinson, Boris Epshtyn, etc) so far.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinclair_Broadcast_Group
I have actually been trying to figure out how I complain to NBC about the way they handle their news cast. I get that they are owned by the same company but I cant believe NBC likes the fact that they cut to a Fox station or even tell viewers to tune to the Fox network.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio