Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 10:03 AM

3,111 posts, read 9,208,719 times

Advertisements

$50/rig does sound like a lot of money to me too. I heard the same thing about the Cline ranch. Dan actually owns 400 acres and he is only selling 100 acres. The other 400 belonged to his sister-in-law and she already sold that portion.
Maybe after he sells 100 acres he will open up the 300 acres for a ORV park. Of course, if it comes down to it and some developer shows up and wants all 400 acres for $30K/acre......... well, I think I would sell it all.

Thanks for the info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2007, 08:04 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,989,445 times
Just an update, bought some new-to-me wheels and tires last Saturday. Had to drive up to Waco to pick them up through all that nasty weather we had, but it was worth it. Also got some DT3000 shocks, and I am trying to scrounge up some spacers and rear bumpstops before I do my BB. In the mean time, here are some pics of the new wheels on my LJ...

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c209/M2Repsol/th_NewShoes13.jpg (broken link) (broken link) http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c209/M2Repsol/th_NewShoes12.jpg (broken link) (broken link) http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c209/M2Repsol/th_NewShoes11.jpg (broken link) (broken link)
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c209/M2Repsol/th_NewShoes10.jpg (broken link) (broken link) http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c209/M2Repsol/th_NewShoes5.jpg (broken link) (broken link) http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c209/M2Repsol/th_NewShoes4.jpg (broken link) (broken link)

As you can see I also put on some Rubicon rock sliders and there's a Hi-Lift under the hood. My next project will be some homemade quick discos...

Cheers! M2

Old 11-27-2007, 08:59 PM

Lookin' good~~

I need to take some recent pics of mine. I got new bumpers and some KC's on the front.

What kind of spacers are you looking for?
Do you need rear bumpstops for a BB?

I have the JKS quick disconnects, but they aren't that quick It usually takes someone sitting on my front bumper, jumping up and down for me to get them off/on.

Oh yea, your Jeep is too clean. Gotta get some mud on the tires.

Old 11-27-2007, 09:01 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,032,679 times
Yep, I've always heard that if your Jeep or your Harley are too clean, you aren't enjoying them enough.

Old 11-28-2007, 05:31 AM

86 posts, read 314,617 times
love your jeeps - would love to have one myself, but that's way down on the list......4 wheelin is fun!

a little off topic, but didn't cline ranch sell part to Dancing Bear? (that's the subdivision waaaay down on the other side of 1283?) DB owns 1500 acres in Bandera county (in addition to approx that much land that is already owned and under development in Medina county)

I was told that they bought some land (cline ranch) so that you could enter Dancing Bear from PR 37! That is where the planned stables will supposedly be. Of course we will prob be old and gray before that happens (DB seems slow about everything), but it would be nice if it were to happen somewhere in the near future for our kids to enjoy (p.s. we live in DB obviously)

I guess DB is going to dominate Medina Lake at some point - even going so far as to plan a retail strip in the front off the 1283 entrance. I think they want us to be the new Fair Oaks Ranch....(don't think it will get that far, but who knows) Kind of a self sustaining community in itself at the lake.

Old 11-28-2007, 06:29 AM

Dancing Bear is a nice subdivision. I had heard the rumor that they were buying part of the Cline Ranch but it fell through. One of the sisters (Carol) was selling her half (800 acres) and like you said DB was looking into it so they would have PR 37 access. An individual bought it, I forget his name. Another part is for sale right now and he (Dan) is asking a LOT for it. I heard rumor that he is only selling 100 acres of his part, but the price range was $30K-$50K per acre (that is a lot when you are buying 100 acres). This is the part that the 4wd clubs come out and pay to play. The part that is for sale now does not butt up to DB. Our ranch is very close to Cline's so we try to stay on top of what is going on.

Do you know where DB owns the 1500 acres in Bandera County? I heard that too, and I think I heard it was off of Hwy 16 and butts up to the Valentine Ranch which is off of PR 37 (but this is all hear say).

Old 11-28-2007, 07:03 AM

Malone

Do you know anything about the large ranch off of Rt 16 just before you hit 46 to Boerne, the one with the large cross on top of the hill? There seems to be a lot of trails on that property, and I've often wondered if anyone wheels there.

I do need some bumpstops if you have some you are willing to sell. I've got a line on some 2" spacers from a guy on the LSJC forum, but he still hasn't told me how much he wants for them. I also plan to go the cheap route for my discos, most people who have done this are happy with the results.

Lastly, in my defense, my wheels are clean because I just took it out for a spin in the wet on Sunday. It was like riding a jetski with the new wider tires, there was water shooting up all over the place! I loved it!

Cheers! M2

Old 11-28-2007, 07:05 AM

Malone

BTW, which KCs did you get? I've been looking at the KC Hilites KCH-623 Black Long Range Daylighter 150W System 6 in. Round, but I am not sure if I have to rewire for them or not. I actually have wiring for a second set of aux lights, courtesy of the previous owner; but I would prefer to use the stock switch on the stalk instead of a switch on the dash...

Cheers! M2

Old 11-28-2007, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Malone

BTW, which KCs did you get? I've been looking at the KC Hilites KCH-623 Black Long Range Daylighter 150W System 6 in. Round, but I am not sure if I have to rewire for them or not. I actually have wiring for a second set of aux lights, courtesy of the previous owner; but I would prefer to use the stock switch on the stalk instead of a switch on the dash...

Cheers! M2
I'm not sure what model they were, but they look exactly like the ones in your picture (they were a gift ) They are not hooked up yet, maybe hooking them up will be my Christmas gift They are mounted on the bumper just not wired.

Old 11-28-2007, 06:44 PM

86 posts, read 314,617 times
I am pretty sure the acreage in Bandera County begins just east of the old (original) entrance (the one with the postal boxes) Basically anything east of what is already developed is Bandera County. Now I could be messed up on the # of acres - it's either 1500 total (with about half in Bandera Cty and half in Medina Cty) or 1500 in each. My brain/memory/listening skills do not work quite the same since having children.... I just know its huge. I am not sure where it (the Bandera cty part) ends.

And of course the Bandera Cty portion is all Bandera ISD. The Medina Cty side that we are on is Northside ISD.

yes, at 30K an acre for 100 acres, he is asking "developer" pricing! More like commercial developer! I know the old barn off 471 (where the country/antique type store was - lady who owns it is named Charlotte - now it's Stillwater Ranch) sold for some huge amount like that, but it, of course, is much more "prime" property than Cline Ranch when it comes to proximity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malone View Post
Dancing Bear is a nice subdivision. I had heard the rumor that they were buying part of the Cline Ranch but it fell through. One of the sisters (Carol) was selling her half (800 acres) and like you said DB was looking into it so they would have PR 37 access. An individual bought it, I forget his name. Another part is for sale right now and he (Dan) is asking a LOT for it. I heard rumor that he is only selling 100 acres of his part, but the price range was $30K-$50K per acre (that is a lot when you are buying 100 acres). This is the part that the 4wd clubs come out and pay to play. The part that is for sale now does not butt up to DB. Our ranch is very close to Cline's so we try to stay on top of what is going on.

Do you know where DB owns the 1500 acres in Bandera County? I heard that too, and I think I heard it was off of Hwy 16 and butts up to the Valentine Ranch which is off of PR 37 (but this is all hear say).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio