Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2011, 06:12 AM

25 posts, read 31,945 times

Advertisements

Hi, All,

I posted here a while back, planning to move from SA to Austin. This is still my plan, but it's getting dangerously close to the start of the school year, and our house here in SA STILL hasn't sold--it's a real buyer's market here, and our kitchen doesn't have granite so we haven't had a single offer. I am now looking to rent this house out here and then rent something in Austin. Still loving the Circle C neighborhood and would like to rent 3,000 sf for around $2500/month. Should be doable.

I'm wondering if anyone has had good experiences with renting out their house. I hear plenty of bad stories, and am aware of the risks of someone trashing your house, but I have also heard that many people who have great credit but still can't get a mortgage are renting. I'm also wondering what is the latest date I can register my daughter for public kindergarten. Any feedback on the kindergarten classes at Kiker?? I'm also in need of a good OB since I am 12 weeks pregnant...does this sounc like a crazy plan?? Should I just stay put for a year?? I really need to be in a place where I can eat healthy, be active, do lots of yoga and get involved in an intellectual community, and SA just isn't doing it for me.

TIA for feedback!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2011, 07:57 AM

177 posts, read 358,050 times
We left a house behind... 3200 sq ft and are taking a hit each month. It's crazy b/c we are now moving from MO to Raleigh in Sept. for a new job and will be renting there. Found a great house, 3000 sq ft. and it's going to cost us $2800 a month! Just shows location matters. I HATE knowing we have a rental in SA... during the big boom, the builders and banks were putting anyone breathing into $200,000+ houses and the realtors encouraged it. Fast forward: foreclosures, short-sales, etc. and people like us so underwater we can't sell. I think if you really want to move, go for it. This market won't improve for YEARS, so take any emotional attachment to the SA house away and move on. At least you won't be too far away. Just be very, very picky about who gets into your home. We did not allow pets, smokers, and waited for a military officer who signed a 2 yr lease. Life is too short not to be happy, so good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: