Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 03:30 PM

2,705 posts, read 3,121,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Is there help (like a bootcamp) for teenage boys and girls so they don't end up in the prison system?
There's no substitute for good parenting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2011, 07:16 PM

7,005 posts, read 12,478,778 times
Texas is very lenient when it comes to corporal punishment. You can give your child a black eye and neither SAPD or CPS will do anything. Make your child bleed or break a bone and maybe they'll do something.

Old 07-15-2011, 08:45 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,031,823 times
Tell him what awaits him in a Texas jail.

Just Detention International

The threat of a forcibly enlarged sphincter should set him on the straight & narrow right quick, if he's got any brains.

http://www.justdetention.org/en/survivor_testimony.aspx

Old 07-16-2011, 08:29 AM

217 posts, read 1,758,457 times
This is for a friend of mine who is really going through with her kids. I will let her know the child has gotten kick out of school, tried smoking some drugs and stole a few things along just being a follower to bad behavior. She is tryuing to be a good parent and has tried but it seems everything she is doing is not working so she doen't want the child to end up in the system therefore she is seeking help and I commend her for taking some steps. That is why I decided to post this to see what are options out there thanks so much to everyone that has given advice

Old 07-16-2011, 08:33 AM

217 posts, read 1,758,457 times
I would think like a boot camp or scare program or prehaps a christian program to get boys back on track.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:46 AM

409 posts, read 1,034,452 times
I don't know if boot camps were around when I was growing up but if they were I prolly would've had my reserved spot there. Some of us grew up when the "belt" or a good old fashioned "A.W." by your parents was the law of the land if we did anything we weren't supposed to be doing. If you got paddled in school and your parents found out....guess what??? Kids nowadays have it too easy. CPS gets involved when they snitch their parents out.

Old 08-15-2011, 11:08 AM

2,392 posts, read 9,653,212 times
http://www.boystown.org/texas-- (broken link) they have stuff for both sexes and they might have the program that you need or can tell you about some help. I know several of the campus have programs like you are speaking about I believe.

Old 08-16-2011, 01:16 AM

7,005 posts, read 12,478,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny Chiba57 View Post
I don't know if boot camps were around when I was growing up but if they were I prolly would've had my reserved spot there. Some of us grew up when the "belt" or a good old fashioned "A.W." by your parents was the law of the land if we did anything we weren't supposed to be doing. If you got paddled in school and your parents found out....guess what??? Kids nowadays have it too easy. CPS gets involved when they snitch their parents out.
Contrary to popular belief, it is perfectly legal to spank your kids in Texas. Like I said before, SAPD and CPS are even lenient with actual child abusers. That's why so many children turned up dead one year in San Antonio because SAPD and CPS do not take most child abuse reports seriously.

Old 08-16-2011, 11:23 AM

810 posts, read 1,425,693 times
Yes, it is called parenting and creating a healthy and strong home environment. It has to start from within because no “programs” will get to the heart of the issues if you don’t start at home. Easier said than done.

Old 08-16-2011, 03:51 PM

159 posts, read 785,146 times
Quote:
There's no substitute for good parenting.
Amen to that!

"A friend" good one. Bootcamp wont help that only worked on kids in the 60's. If a kid is acting this way at an early age, then they didnt have good parenting. Too late now, teach you kids who boss early, who cares what they think or if they dont like rules. You cant try to give this kid direction and stay in their business and know who their friends are, but it sounds like their ways are set. Give some tough love and kick them out of the house if they dont obey the rules. Your gonig to work hard to pay the bill just to come home to the stress and crap of a ungreatful kid who doesnt listen? Not in my house, my mom had us follow rules and do chores and kick in a small amount of money (if we worked) until we moved out at 18....old school. I love my parents for that, I cant stand disrespectful kids whos parents try so hard. "Go get a stick from that tree and pull your pants down, and dont come back with a twig or Ill get a branch".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio