Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 10:09 AM

580 posts, read 1,429,919 times

Advertisements

I strongly appreciate your enthusiastm of fine fermented beverages, but I doubt that you'd want to spend a single minute inside The Cobalt Club. (Look it up on Google.) I've been in there a number of times--and it's always an adventure--but it's basically an extremely seedy gay bar filled with just about anyone who needs cheap drinks at 7am. An interesting crowd, to be sure, but not for the faint of heart (or conservative of character).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2011, 10:37 AM

1,074 posts, read 1,801,740 times
Faint of heart I am not. Extremely conservative I am, but I am cool with gays. Cheap drink enjoyer I am as well. Yeah, usually early morning drinkers tend to be characters in themselves so adventures no doubt I am sure. Back to the point, getting stuff stolen sucks. Happened to me three times and there is nothing more infuriating than not being able to get your stuff back that you worked hard for. Police....ehhhh.... they might be of help. I honestly do not know what the answer is here other than taking all the precautions you can and just hope these bastards don't mess with your stuff. Or, you can sleep in your car with your firearm. Or, do like my buddy and place disposable razor blades under your radio in the dash that way when they go to yank it out they slice their fingertips up. Sounds crazy, but it worked for him.

Old 07-25-2011, 02:59 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,780,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flourpower View Post
The title of the thread is in reference to crime in 78212. Tobin Hill is in that zip code.
Wow you are right. 78212 has many historic districts.

Old 07-25-2011, 03:52 PM

271 posts, read 988,418 times
[quote=The Black Irish;20166583]Awesome!!! Name of bar please??? Day drinking is amazing as long as you have cab fare.

Aren't you a teacher, Black Irish? I hope you aren't doing your day drinking during the school year. Just sayin'

Old 07-25-2011, 09:49 PM

1,099 posts, read 2,074,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauramdsm View Post
I had my car broken into last night. Smashed window. They pried the dash to try to get to the gps.. idiots couldn't even figure out that it simply lifts out. They didn't get it. They left blood. The police dusted for fingerprints.

I had a few neighbors tell me they've been having some problems too. One had their bike stolen, another had their entire house broken into and robbed.

I feel very uneasy. Apparently there is section 8 housing right down the street as well. A lot of the neighbors seemed to think it was coming from there.

Anyone else been having problems in this neighborhood? Beacon hill, alta vista, monte vista.

Is there a way to get increased police presence in certain neighborhoods? Does anyone know how to request a streetlight be put in on your street (it's really dark) besides going through your HOA?

Thanks.
why on earth would you leave anything visible in your car? its like asking someone to rob you

Old 07-26-2011, 06:21 AM

1 posts, read 735 times
Default Crime

It is what it is. Olmos Pk,Terrell hills and Alamo Hgts have police forces that WILL take a report and investigate. It's a gamble with the other neighborhoods bc the 1st responder is likely to be overwhelmed with tagging,gangs,etc. I'm surprised they dusted for prints. Until the media focuses on the car burglaries and vandalism in Beacon Hill and Monte Vista, it won't be solved. Maybe you could call the local News or crime reporter in the Express News. Start a neighborhood watch. I've been broken into 3 times. Stopped leaving my car out front and gated the back yard. Good luck.

Old 07-26-2011, 07:07 AM

1,074 posts, read 1,801,740 times
[quote=flourpower;20172891]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Irish View Post
Awesome!!! Name of bar please??? Day drinking is amazing as long as you have cab fare.

Aren't you a teacher, Black Irish? I hope you aren't doing your day drinking during the school year. Just sayin'
HAHA!! Never. School year=no day drinking. Summer break=day drinking from time to time. Don't knock it until you try it I can say though I have never been to a bar at 7 AM . That is is just a lil too much. I also am responsible when I decide to do it meaning I never drive. Also, I have always enjoyed the area by SAC. Sadly, this person had their items stolen and it is a violating feeling to say the least.

Old 07-26-2011, 07:46 AM

186 posts, read 690,100 times
The GPS is part of the car. However it is in one of those console "doors" where you can press it down to make it flush or pop it up when you're using it. The irony of the situation is that it was just taken into the dealer to have warranty work done on the gps and the night of the break in I learned the tab was broken that keeps it in the down position. SO there it was, stuck "up" and in sight.

In hindsight I should have pulled the gps out, but hey, sh*t happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio