Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 03:58 PM

299 posts, read 608,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Irish View Post
UFC??? I guess if you are hopped up on steroids or HGH it is cool. UFC doesn't have the traditions of boxing or the respect like boxing does. I cannot even name a UFC fighter, but I know the names of plenty of boxers. And yes it was a questionable ending to the fight last night. Also, Larry Merchant has to be one of the worst interviewers ever! His questions are terrible and his delivery is horrendous.
Different times. By the way, the UFC tests fighters for steroids and suspends them for testing positive. I'm not saying boxing is a terrible sport or anything, it's just lost a lot of its popularity. I did think it was rather hilarious when James Toney got in the ring with a UFC fighter and lasted all of a minute and twenty seconds before he lost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2011, 05:40 PM

431 posts, read 766,919 times
ufc is nothing but glorified man hugging

Old 09-18-2011, 06:06 PM

2,721 posts, read 4,397,700 times
Default Ufc

The UFC stuff is hilarious and not taken seriously in the boxing world. It is brawling...and that is it.
though Ring Magazine does carry match victories in their pages.
The money is in the sweet science. It is an art, a sport and a science.
To hit without being hit. Anyone can watch an old Ali clip and can see it.
If not, you don't understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by merc11ty View Post
Different times. By the way, the UFC tests fighters for steroids and suspends them for testing positive. I'm not saying boxing is a terrible sport or anything, it's just lost a lot of its popularity. I did think it was rather hilarious when James Toney got in the ring with a UFC fighter and lasted all of a minute and twenty seconds before he lost.

Old 09-18-2011, 06:44 PM

472 posts, read 1,077,556 times
Larry Merchant (born February 11, 1931) is an American former sportswriter, a longtime commentator for HBO Sports presentations of HBO World Championship Boxing, Boxing After Dark and HBO pay-per-view telecasts, and is considered "the greatest television boxing analyst of all time" by ESPN Boxing analyst Dan Rafael

Mayweather is a soon to be "has been"

Floyd Mayweather, Jr.'s outburst led to Merchant responding: "I wish I was 50 years younger and I'd kick your ass." [3] Mayweather knocked out Ortiz to by catching him with two blows when the Victor Ortiz had thought the referee had called "break". Mayweather grew irritable Merchant's questioning and interrupted Merchant by saying "You never give me a fair shake...They can put somebody else up here to give me an interview. HBO need to fire you. You don't know **** about boxing. You ain't ****...All of these boxing experts - how can you be a boxing expert if you never had a fight before?

Old 09-18-2011, 07:34 PM

Default Cheap shots,

A dishonorable couple of blows kept Mayweather's title for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachuco2 View Post
Larry Merchant (born February 11, 1931) is an American former sportswriter, a longtime commentator for HBO Sports presentations of HBO World Championship Boxing, Boxing After Dark and HBO pay-per-view telecasts, and is considered "the greatest television boxing analyst of all time" by ESPN Boxing analyst Dan Rafael

Mayweather is a soon to be "has been"

Floyd Mayweather, Jr.'s outburst led to Merchant responding: "I wish I was 50 years younger and I'd kick your ass." [3] Mayweather knocked out Ortiz to by catching him with two blows when the Victor Ortiz had thought the referee had called "break". Mayweather grew irritable Merchant's questioning and interrupted Merchant by saying "You never give me a fair shake...They can put somebody else up here to give me an interview. HBO need to fire you. You don't know **** about boxing. You ain't ****...All of these boxing experts - how can you be a boxing expert if you never had a fight before?

Old 09-18-2011, 07:40 PM

472 posts, read 1,077,556 times
And "lip"

Old 09-18-2011, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theeddie View Post
ufc is nothing but glorified man hugging
And it's taken the thunder away from boxing. ufc is all the rage now. Hate it if you want to, it's the truth.

Old 09-19-2011, 07:13 AM

Default Yeah,

Right. So is swamp people,hog hunters and axe men and WWF.
There is nothing wrong with any of this stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by merc11ty View Post
And it's taken the thunder away from boxing. ufc is all the rage now. Hate it if you want to, it's the truth.

Old 09-19-2011, 09:42 AM

Someone is mad.

Old 09-19-2011, 10:02 AM

159 posts, read 785,869 times
Quote:
A dishonorable couple of blows kept Mayweather's title for sure.
Yeah right people who dont know boxing would see it this way. The ref called time in and that means FIGHT in the boxing world. The ref even said on the radio this morning, "I called time in, I dont know why Ortiz would wanna shake hands again for." Ortiz loosing his cool causing him to head butt because he knew he was already loosing in rounds kept Mayweather his title for sure. People may not like the way he won, but it was fair because time in was called. Call it a cheap shot if you want to, but Floyd knows the rules of boxing and taught that idiot Ortiz a lesson. I love how before the fight Ortiz's trainer was crying about Mayweather being dirty. I havent seen something that dirty since the Tyson bite or Margarito's loaded gloves. I hope Ortiz does not get a rematch and I hope Mayweather stops ducking Pacman so we can see the fight of the century.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio