Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 01:21 PM

254 posts, read 548,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo View Post
I figured HEB would get it eventually. They have a wide selection of Ben and Jerry's.
HEB sucks, I can't even find regular Heath bar crunch anymore there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2011, 01:39 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,036,574 times
Look for the Hill Country Fare version.....Stinky, Sticky Nuts.

Old 09-25-2011, 02:19 PM

944 posts, read 2,041,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneoak View Post
Yes, I realize it's a joke, but when you run the risk of having an awkward conversation with your child in the frozen food aisle, the humor is lost.
I think a strongly-worded letter to Ben & Jerry's is in order.

Quote:
And isn't Dexter (their other new flavor) about a guy who goes around murdering people in extremely gruesome ways.
Dexter is a vigilante that murders serial killers. It's a great TV show. I'm all for eating some Dexter while watching Dexter.

Quote:
Golly, let's keep our fingers crossed that they'll come out with a Kill Bill Apple Pie next!!
Actually, sounds like it would be delish.

Old 09-25-2011, 03:01 PM

615 posts, read 1,523,349 times
Quote:
Yes, I realize it's a joke, but when you run the risk of having an awkward conversation with your child in the frozen food aisle, the humor is lost.

And isn't Dexter (their other new flavor) about a guy who goes around murdering people in extremely gruesome ways. Gosh, that's something we definitely need to promote more! How silly of me to think that's inappropriate for ice cream.

Golly, let's keep our fingers crossed that they'll come out with a Kill Bill Apple Pie next!!
Seems pretty easy to me, as I have to explain racy "Desperate Housewives" commercials on afternoon ABC. "It's a Mommy and Daddy only show". It's pretty easily done. We're not talking a life-lesson with your son and daughter about a pint of icecream.

What about the balls hanging from 90% of the redneck truckers trailer hitches around here? I think that's a bit more disturbing than pints of ice cream based upon an incredibly funny SNL skit.

My whole point is, there's much more important things to be worried about in life explaining to your sheltered children about than a simple SNL skit. Perhaps explaining why there's trash on every street street in San Antonio, or why there's currently a Queen-sized mattress along with the dumpster contents of someones truck bed in Converse? To me, that's a social travesty that I have a difficult time explaining to my children.

But please, get all up in arms about Shweddy Balls or a fictional serial killer on Showtime.

Old 09-25-2011, 03:17 PM

1,316 posts, read 3,407,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSandovalLaw View Post
No need to go to Ben & Jerry's for "Schweddy Balls". Even though it is officially Fall, here in SA all you have to do is stand outside for a while and you will have your "schweddy balls"! (I am sorry. I Couldn't resist.)
Lmao!

I thought the exact same thing before I even read any of the posts! I was like uhhhh, come again?! ....when I had read the thread title.

Old 09-25-2011, 03:36 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,752,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verio View Post
Seems pretty easy to me, as I have to explain racy "Desperate Housewives" commercials on afternoon ABC. "It's a Mommy and Daddy only show". It's pretty easily done. We're not talking a life-lesson with your son and daughter about a pint of icecream.

What about the balls hanging from 90% of the redneck truckers trailer hitches around here? I think that's a bit more disturbing than pints of ice cream based upon an incredibly funny SNL skit.

My whole point is, there's much more important things to be worried about in life explaining to your sheltered children about than a simple SNL skit. Perhaps explaining why there's trash on every street street in San Antonio, or why there's currently a Queen-sized mattress along with the dumpster contents of someones truck bed in Converse? To me, that's a social travesty that I have a difficult time explaining to my children.

But please, get all up in arms about Shweddy Balls or a fictional serial killer on Showtime.

Could not agree more! It is only icecream and you don't have to buy it and you don't have to point it out to your kids if you are in the icecream aisle.

I can't wait to get my hands on the Miami Slice, key lime pie icecream with blood red strawberry swirls, white chocolate bones and dark chocolate body parts sounds oh so yummy.

Old 09-25-2011, 03:51 PM

65 posts, read 116,306 times
I've been a fan of SNL since Day 1 back in '75 and I know sometimes then tend to have humor which does not appeal to everyone, but not only is the 'Schweddy Balls' ice cream a funny link to SNL, the actual favor sounded really appealing to me...it's basically got whoppers malted balls in it, which I love...which could say all kinds of strange things about me

Old 09-25-2011, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordfalco View Post
I've been a fan of SNL since Day 1 back in '75 and I know sometimes then tend to have humor which does not appeal to everyone, but not only is the 'Schweddy Balls' ice cream a funny link to SNL, the actual favor sounded really appealing to me...it's basically got whoppers malted balls in it, which I love...which could say all kinds of strange things about me
MMM sounds really good! Aren't they bringing it out closer to the holidays though?

Old 09-25-2011, 03:54 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,075,469 times
WOW ... How could anyone eat something called schweddy balls ?

Kinda like Chef's Chocolate Salty Balls.

Old 09-25-2011, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
WOW ... How could anyone eat something called schweddy balls ?

Kinda like Chef's Chocolate Salty Balls.
I am surprised that pretzel companies haven't come out with it yet. They can make salty pretzel nuggets covered in white and dark chocolate calling it Chef's Chocolate Salty balls and sell them in Spensers Gifts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio