Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 08:27 AM

61,729 posts, read 87,147,355 times

Advertisements

I am not sure how much money a waitress make in a Pizza Hut. That's self serve restaurant, and the server just bring drinks and clean the tables. A dollar there and here - many people do not pay much for that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2011, 08:41 AM

179 posts, read 468,814 times
I have waited tables for many years and at different periods of my life. It has been a great way to earn extra money and the hours are complimentary to an 8-5 weekday job and school. My advice is to take the job. Granted it is not hard to break into the waiting field but the jobs which make 'the big' tips, (i.e. waiting at expensive restaurants and bartenders in general), usually do not go to the inexperienced. My only advice is to not get sucked in to the waiting world. It is hard to imagine if you have never been there, but it can be addictive. Also, most places will not hire you as a waiter until you are 18 due to the rules about serving alcohol. You may be a bus boy for a few years. If you can get a job waiting tables at a place which does not serve alcohol, I say go for it.

Old 09-28-2011, 08:55 AM

581 posts, read 1,188,210 times
Why not? Nothing with trying to get a couple extra bucks and some work expierence out of it. My nephew worked at a Pizza Hut over the summer, he's 16 as well. It wasn't 'great' money but he saved a couple bucks for some computer games. He was more excited about the free pizza for his buddies and him than anything else. I mean, isn't that the life for a 16yr old? "Gears of 3" parties and pizza? He wants to pick up a couple fo extra shifts here and there but he already works sometimes after school at a comic book store so my brother wants to see how he handles school and work.

It'll be a great learning expierence. Go for it.

Old 09-28-2011, 10:14 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,409,476 times
I'd go work for Rome's. Pizza Hut sucks. lol

Old 09-28-2011, 10:56 AM

490 posts, read 1,094,954 times
Take the job!

RANT: To any of you who suggested otherwise, that is a significant part of what's wrong with the country! There is a job open but it "doesn't pay enouigh" or "isn't good enough."

Hard work as a teenager will pay you incredible dividends for the rest of your life. Do it and make it your mission to earn more in tips then any other waiter in the joint.

Old 09-28-2011, 11:25 AM

409 posts, read 1,034,452 times
At 13 I was working at the Hemisfair grounds during the post Hemisfair times working the bump cars and it was nice to have my own $$ for whatever plus my parents were happy that I was doing something constructive knowing where I was instead of out causing trouble somewhere. $5.00 a day I thought I was rich..Take the job and develop your work ethics and you can't go wrong.

Old 09-28-2011, 11:59 AM

127 posts, read 282,356 times
Amen, 3M.

In Alaska, starting at age 14, I was delivering newspapers everyday in the snow (uphill both ways), shoveling driveways, mowing lawns and working at a hardware store to make spending money.

I believe this contributed to a strong work ethic that allowed me to pay for college and grad school while attending and followed me into my adult life. Hard work is a habit - and the opposite is also true.

Old 09-28-2011, 12:02 PM

89 posts, read 148,239 times
well, if you need money A job is better than no job. I worked at the old Pizza Inn back in the day.

the pay was OK and there were lots of girls that go in and out of there so it was cool

Old 09-28-2011, 12:06 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,340,378 times
how is pizza hut even staying open?? Borders and nearly everything else is closing up shop, but greasy, wheezy Pizza Hut is making it -- and has all that extra cash to spend on soooooo many commercials?? I don't get, I just don't get it.

Old 09-28-2011, 01:10 PM

1,803 posts, read 2,624,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneoak View Post
how is pizza hut even staying open?? Borders and nearly everything else is closing up shop, but greasy, wheezy Pizza Hut is making it -- and has all that extra cash to spend on soooooo many commercials?? I don't get, I just don't get it.
Moderator cut: See Comment

my first job was a full time gig at a movie theater when i turned 16. much better than pizza hut, but hey, in this economy, a job is a job.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 10-07-2011 at 06:20 PM.. Reason: Off Topic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio