Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 11:24 PM

431 posts, read 766,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneOf48 View Post
I haven't done too much dancing myself lately. (My most recent locale has been Barbarella's up in Austin, with my ol' lady, who lives up there.) But, if you're into more of an indie/alternative feel, here's what I know is going on at the moment:

Tuesday: Velcro Underground is still kicking around at Limelight on N. St. Mary's, and there's usually a smallish dance crowd there. Think recent and somewhat "classic" new wave/electro, with some rock and roll thrown in.

Wednesday: Haven't been, but Lifted at Ivy Rooftop looks like a lot of people frequent it. It looks fun but very young, as the crowd is 18+ (but that can often be a good thing if you want to see people on the floor). Contemporary indie dance/electro, etc.

Thursday: I think they call it "Electro Club" at Korova, downtown. Haven't been yet, although a friend of mine is returning from Chicago to DJ the night in a few weeks. I think a similar thing still goes on at Industry on the same night, at I-10 and Callahan, more or less. That place gets packed, but the general attractiveness of the crowd leaves a lot to be desired. (Sorry!)

Friday: There's some sort of classic new wave/industrial/goth night at Korova, which I think brings out the old Atomix crowd. Probably a fun time to dance a bit and watch the freak show. People tend to do some dancing on the patio at Web House, too, on the same night. Finally, some friends of mine still do "Essentials," an indie dance night, on the N. St. Mary's strip. It used to be at Lava Lounge, but I believe it's migrated to Hi-Tones. That's probably my favorite night in SA, but mainly because it's my crowd.

There are also a few clubs downtown, and I know there are others on the north side as well as the little old strip at Broadway and 410 (Rebar, Revolution Room, etc.). Someone also just told me that a lot of kids go to dance at Boneheadz on I-10 on Monday night.
love me some retox ,
Retox Bar San Antonio's Live Music Headquarters
they have an amazing band on friday!. "whiskey bliss" "no cover"
and the thursdays are super cheap $3 everything, patron, car bombs you name it . they have a great video dj too that night
i avoid ivy like the plague. super over priced and very who you know. always some sort of fight
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2011, 02:44 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,821,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneOf48 View Post
I haven't done too much dancing myself lately. (My most recent locale has been Barbarella's up in Austin, with my ol' lady, who lives up there.) But, if you're into more of an indie/alternative feel, here's what I know is going on at the moment:

Tuesday: Velcro Underground is still kicking around at Limelight on N. St. Mary's, and there's usually a smallish dance crowd there. Think recent and somewhat "classic" new wave/electro, with some rock and roll thrown in.

Wednesday: Haven't been, but Lifted at Ivy Rooftop looks like a lot of people frequent it. It looks fun but very young, as the crowd is 18+ (but that can often be a good thing if you want to see people on the floor). Contemporary indie dance/electro, etc.

Thursday: I think they call it "Electro Club" at Korova, downtown. Haven't been yet, although a friend of mine is returning from Chicago to DJ the night in a few weeks. I think a similar thing still goes on at Industry on the same night, at I-10 and Callahan, more or less. That place gets packed, but the general attractiveness of the crowd leaves a lot to be desired. (Sorry!)

Friday: There's some sort of classic new wave/industrial/goth night at Korova, which I think brings out the old Atomix crowd. Probably a fun time to dance a bit and watch the freak show. People tend to do some dancing on the patio at Web House, too, on the same night. Finally, some friends of mine still do "Essentials," an indie dance night, on the N. St. Mary's strip. It used to be at Lava Lounge, but I believe it's migrated to Hi-Tones. That's probably my favorite night in SA, but mainly because it's my crowd.

There are also a few clubs downtown, and I know there are others on the north side as well as the little old strip at Broadway and 410 (Rebar, Revolution Room, etc.). Someone also just told me that a lot of kids go to dance at Boneheadz on I-10 on Monday night.
GREAT SUGGESTIONS! ... I can agree that any and all of these spots are top notch for good music. I especially like Industry on Thursday night: Sure, the folks there are a little sketchy looking, but the DJs are killer. They actually still mix their music (and quite well, I might add). The last time I was there I heard an awesome mix from Blondie to Kylie Minogue. Pretty smart dance floor too.

BN

Old 10-06-2011, 09:07 PM

39 posts, read 91,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas View Post
GREAT SUGGESTIONS! ... I can agree that any and all of these spots are top notch for good music. I especially like Industry on Thursday night: Sure, the folks there are a little sketchy looking, but the DJs are killer. They actually still mix their music (and quite well, I might add). The last time I was there I heard an awesome mix from Blondie to Kylie Minogue. Pretty smart dance floor too.

BN

Anything on Area 31? Kluzos? Maroc? I've heard on the weekends they are good but you can't take everyone's word for it. I actually want to try the industry considering the weekend is coming around....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio