Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 09:21 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,389,899 times

Advertisements

I'd recommend Wyoming then. Florida heat isn't exactly a joke either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2009, 09:48 PM

60 posts, read 140,916 times
Well I hate that we do not have an Ikea

I have always felt that the roads need to be straight so that you can classify them as East to West or South to North. Lots of roads are all over the place. Cities that were developed on a grid had it right.

Huge parts of downtown are what I would call dead. There are many lively places downtown but they are all in a very small area.

Other then that, the city is a fine place to live

Old 08-14-2009, 10:37 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,278,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Yes, tagging/graffiti is right up there at the top of the list of negatives, for me anyway. It's EVERYWHERE!
2nd day in Little Rock and I can tell you that Graffiti is not everywhere.

Old 08-14-2009, 10:38 PM

1,805 posts, read 4,775,577 times
Biggest negative about San Antonio ....

they sent my Boyfriend Bruce away...

and... I'm not there either .....

well, okay, the TWO Biggest Negatives...

so there you have it....

Old 08-14-2009, 10:38 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,290,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Uhh .... I'll take graffiti infested San Antonio ANYDAY over Little Rock, Arkansas

Old 08-14-2009, 10:59 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,823,786 times
Quote:
Little Rock? Little Rock has some very nasty areas...very nasty. Lots of gang activity as well. There have even been a few TV specials on it.

Dopo...open your eyes brutha.

Old 08-14-2009, 11:05 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,029,649 times
Quote:
Since this is the SA thread, I assumed people would know I meant it's everywhere....in San Antonio.

But thanks for playing tonight. There may be a parting gift for you, and maybe not.

Old 08-14-2009, 11:10 PM

What she said ^^^

Old 08-15-2009, 10:20 AM

1,143 posts, read 2,873,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCovertCarry View Post
Worst drivers in Texas

Worst roads in Texas

Biggest one horse town in Texas

Have to go to Austin to get many things

Wrong priorities in city/county government

Yeah, and some of the most arrogant and snobbish, phony people in the nation. SA is a terrible place...... I have to go there at least twice a year for family obligations and I get sick to my stomach thinking about having to go each time. The place if full of phony and insincere people who want to seem so very down to earth and friendly but all they care about is who you know and advancing themselves socially, if possible. And yes, there is most certainly a "Caste" system among the locals...Hispanics and Whites. Everything in life there boils down to $$$....who has it and who doesn't. It makes me sick. Everyone stabs each other in the back at every turn to make a dollar or to connect "politically". But they surely will smile while they are screwing you...... guess that's what makes so many people think its such a friendly place. Bottom line is It is hot, the Riverwalk is "tired" and uninspiring, the roads are ridiculous, the "International" airport is a joke..... The best thing about SA is Rudy's barbcue. That's about the only good thing I could find in that hell hole.

Old 08-15-2009, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinabean View Post
Yeah, and some of the most arrogant and snobbish, phony people in the nation. SA is a terrible place...... I have to go there at least twice a year for family obligations and I get sick to my stomach thinking about having to go each time. The place if full of phony and insincere people who want to seem so very down to earth and friendly but all they care about is who you know and advancing themselves socially, if possible. And yes, there is most certainly a "Caste" system among the locals...Hispanics and Whites. Everything in life there boils down to $$$....who has it and who doesn't. It makes me sick. Everyone stabs each other in the back at every turn to make a dollar or to connect "politically". But they surely will smile while they are screwing you...... guess that's what makes so many people think its such a friendly place. Bottom line is It is hot, the Riverwalk is "tired" and uninspiring, the roads are ridiculous, the "International" airport is a joke..... The best thing about SA is Rudy's barbcue. That's about the only good thing I could find in that hell hole.
Oooohhh..SA sure chapped someone's ass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio