Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 09:16 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,036,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlorifiedMalcontent View Post

also, looking forward to the rampant speculation and accusations in regards to her upbringing. those are always a gas on this board.
See comment #2. I already started it. It's ultimately the guy's fault, but I just don't see how a 12 year old has so much freedom. Whatever, its not my kid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2011, 09:19 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,838,269 times
Without a doubt, the guy takes the fall on this - period. I do wonder what supervision she was under (obviously not much), but bottom line is that the jerk that was messing with her is where the fault lies - period. I don't care WHAT she may have said/done/not done - he KNEW how old she was - and that it was wrong.
That's one jury I would be willing to PAY to serve on.....

Old 10-18-2011, 09:25 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,036,574 times
I understand that. I guess I try to be proactive when it comes to my kids. I just wish other parents would do so as well. A 12 year old girl should not be in a position to go visit a guy working at HEB.

Old 10-18-2011, 09:29 PM

2,216 posts, read 4,541,701 times
I couldn't agree more in this day and age. Nor should that 10 year old. If she was dating someone (at all) she had way more freedom than she needed.

Old 10-18-2011, 09:42 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,838,269 times
Oh, hey - believe me - IMO, as soon as they get done with this waste of humanity that did this to this girl, the parents/guardians should lose ALL parental rights.

Old 10-18-2011, 10:17 PM

864 posts, read 867,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariannah View Post
I'm not going to place any blame on her or on her parents for not supervising her well enough. That's nothing but victim blaming. I will, however, place plenty of blame on him. He knew how old she was. He could have exercised a little will power and refused to have any relations with her. Is that really so hard? This unfortunate situation is 100% his fault, period. What a sicko. (The part about the elementary school parking lot made me physically cringe. Sick. Just sick.)
I agree that he is a sicko and he is guilty of rape. That is solely on him and no one else. However, the parents of this little girl also appear to be guilty of not supervising their child. Parents have a moral responsibility to look after and protect their children. To say that they failed to do so in this case is in no way blaming the victim.

In defense of the mother, at least she was involved enough to follow up on her daughter and call the police. Too many of these parents are either completely absent or know about it and make excuses for not taking action.

Old 10-19-2011, 05:29 AM

4,307 posts, read 9,557,307 times
The man is entirely responsible for his actions. And while every person deserves to be treated appropriately, esp. a child, every person also has to take responsibility for their own actions, which includes limiting exposure to such a possibility. If I walked down a street in a known crime-ridden area with a flashy rolex and got robbed, sure, I'm the victim and no I don't "deserve" it, but I should have been smart enough not to be in that situation. A 12 yr old child really shouldn't be in a position to be visiting an older guy on her own without the parent's knowledge or consent.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 10-19-2011 at 10:13 AM.. Reason: just to avoid controversy ;)

Old 10-19-2011, 05:31 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,780,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
Oh, hey - believe me - IMO, as soon as they get done with this waste of humanity that did this to this girl, the parents/guardians should lose ALL parental rights.
While I am in complete disgust over what that guy did, I don't feel we should be so quick to judge her parents without knowing the details. All I am reading is HEB worker had sex with a minor without much detail into the mother's parenting approach. I hate the way news are written up these days.

Old 10-19-2011, 07:37 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,409,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneSA View Post
What has HEB got to do with it? He worked there, they did not have sex there, at least according to the story. Leave HEB out of it. Unless he is a school teacher or other child care providor there is no need to drag HEB into it.

Slow down cowboy. The OP never said anything except "Publicity they don't need" which is true. Then the OP quotes the article. Nothing else.

Jeez.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
I understand that. I guess I try to be proactive when it comes to my kids. I just wish other parents would do so as well. A 12 year old girl should not be in a position to go visit a guy working at HEB.

It's a cultural thing.

Old 10-19-2011, 08:44 AM

2,216 posts, read 4,541,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneSA View Post
What has HEB got to do with it? He worked there, they did not have sex there, at least according to the story. Leave HEB out of it. Unless he is a school teacher or other child care providor there is no need to drag HEB into it.

I didn't bring HEB into it. But should we only be concerned with offenders of this nature if they are teachers or day care providers? If that's the case, happy shopping and good luck out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio