Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2011, 04:16 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,044,809 times

Advertisements

They keep dragging their heels on expanding 1604 to 3 lanes both ways. That will definitely help the 1604 situation. Maybe they need to do an "environmental impact study"... hell, took 'em long enough to get started on that 281/1604 interchange. I'm still scratching my head on that one. Two feeder ramps going onto 281 north from congested 1604? How will that work with all of the stop lights on 281? I have a feeling the "super street" configuration will meet it's match soon enough. Throw all the bad SUV drivers into the mix and poor ol' HCHRM will be finding other ways to get to Blanco County! Good lawd!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2011, 09:01 PM

381 posts, read 767,992 times
Absolutely the worst drivers here! Way worse than in California and Florida! Where do these people get their license? They are rude, drive too slow or too fast, don't know how to merge on the freeway, I could go on for days about all the bad maneuvers!

Old 11-03-2011, 02:39 PM

418 posts, read 784,338 times
Talking about bad drivers in SA...

I'm driving from the office through the industrial park to a local
restaurant for lunch.

Speed is posted at 30 mph and I have seen regular patrols out
here so I'm not speeding but I am doing 30 mph.

Lady in van pulls up tight behind my bumper and throws both her
hands up in the air as if tailgating wasn't enough.

She hangs back there for a few seconds then floors it and goes
roaring past while another vehicle is approaching in opposite lane.

Old 11-03-2011, 03:35 PM

581 posts, read 1,187,549 times
Just one question and one question only that I irked me today driving into work...do we not believe in using our blinkers anymore? You know, those flashy things we use to indicate to others that we, the operator, intends a lateral change of position whether a lane change or turn. I don't think I saw a single person use one. I decided to try for myself. I just can't do it. It's just considerate driver in me, I guess.

Old 11-03-2011, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortuga29 View Post
Just one question and one question only that I irked me today driving into work...do we not believe in using our blinkers anymore? You know, those flashy things we use to indicate to others that we, the operator, intends a lateral change of position whether a lane change or turn. I don't think I saw a single person use one. I decided to try for myself. I just can't do it. It's just considerate driver in me, I guess.
I'm telling you! It's like they don't know the first thing about road rules and driving.

Old 11-03-2011, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul56 View Post
Talking about bad drivers in SA...

I'm driving from the office through the industrial park to a local
restaurant for lunch.

Speed is posted at 30 mph and I have seen regular patrols out
here so I'm not speeding but I am doing 30 mph.

Lady in van pulls up tight behind my bumper and throws both her
hands up in the air as if tailgating wasn't enough.

She hangs back there for a few seconds then floors it and goes
roaring past while another vehicle is approaching in opposite lane.
Yup, I have experienced this many times (people riding my bumper because I'm doing the speed limit). Heck, they even fly through parking lots and school zones. It's so enfuriating.

Old 11-03-2011, 07:27 PM

Drivers over here don't even respect pedestrians. Some lady almost ran over this girl that was crossing the street. The light turns green, the girl starts walking onto the street since she has a "walk" sign giving her the right of way so this lady which is making a right just bolted into the intersection almost hitting the girl! Damn lady! Then she acts surprised as to why that happened. Geez.

Old 11-03-2011, 09:33 PM

229 posts, read 473,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tortuga29 View Post
What? If you use your signal, you'll confuse everyone. Another odd thing I have noticed is people using the opposite signal when making a turn.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:11 PM

7,005 posts, read 12,472,326 times
We native San Antonians don't need to use turn signals because we can read each other's minds. When we get into car accidents, it's intentional.

Old 11-04-2011, 06:25 AM

581 posts, read 1,187,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L210 View Post
We native San Antonians don't need to use turn signals because we can read each other's minds. When we get into car accidents, it's intentional.

I can read minds. I just don't like the emptiness..in some.

Last edited by tortuga29; 11-04-2011 at 06:25 AM.. Reason: I no spell good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio