Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2012, 02:28 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,048,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BstYet2Be View Post

I'm all for y'all having fun in this forum... as long as the Relocation requests get answered first and foremost - which seem to be receiving very little notice lately. And, while I know answering the same type questions over and over can get tiresome, please remember, this is the sole reason for the existence of these City-Data City and State Forums!

You're 100% correct, BstYet. It does get tiresome to see and/or answer THE very general question "I'm moving to San Antonio. Where should I live?"

I saw the question that I think you are referring to, and noticed it had not been answered all (or most?) of the weekend. I think people just don't feel like responding to such a general question when there is a fairly decent search feature that can lead to most topics the user may have questions about.

Keeping in mind that people don't think to use the search feature, I will try to do better with helping people out with their questions about areas/neighborhoods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2012, 06:42 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,804,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HillCountryHotRodMan View Post
You're 100% correct, BstYet. It does get tiresome to see and/or answer THE very general question "I'm moving to San Antonio. Where should I live?"

I saw the question that I think you are referring to, and noticed it had not been answered all (or most?) of the weekend. I think people just don't feel like responding to such a general question when there is a fairly decent search feature that can lead to most topics the user may have questions about.

Keeping in mind that people don't think to use the search feature, I will try to do better with helping people out with their questions about areas/neighborhoods.
Thanks, I'd appreciate it, from you and the rest here in the forum. You can always respond to these general first questions with questions of your own, and refer them to previous threads as well!

Here is what
TOS suggests to new users, but we already know how many actually reads it in the beginning!

Per
TOS:

Quote:
Please use the Search this Forum tool to find info you need, as much has already been written about schools, jobs, weather, crime, prices, rentals, walkability and other aspects of a location. If you don't find it, please sign in and ask your questions. New users should use the Search this Forum tool before posting a question that may have already been answered. Let us know that you have searched the forums, so we don't assume otherwise.
Quote:
When asking questions about a location, give as much detail as you can, so we can zero in on the info you need. If house hunting, what is your price level or rental amount. How many BR's, Baths, square feet, lot size, etc, do you need? Pets? SFH, TH, Condo, mobile home? In-town, rural, college town, military town, mountains? Schools for children? Gated community, golf course community, active senior community? Do you need to stable a horse? Is there an RV or boat trailer to consider? The more you tell us, the sooner our regular posters can reply with specificity. Same for any other criteria you have. Please avoid open-ended requests like "I'm moving to your city, tell me EVERYTHING I need to know."
In fact, you are welcome to use the above two quotes starting with "Per TOS:" in a reply when they've not furnished anything that you can possibly provide an answer to!

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 03-12-2012 at 06:50 PM..

Old 03-15-2012, 09:25 PM

581 posts, read 1,188,210 times
Decided to post this here and maybe some of you tech heads could help me. I recently changed internet providers and wound up having to install the actual wireless router in a different room other than our little "office" area. So desktops are going to need wireless adapters. Which brands have you guys had good success with in terms of strength over distance and low drop rate? I had one that I purchased at WalMart, forget the brand, and although I'm not a total tech n00b, I had to do all kinds of crazy stuff to sit it up. Didn't come with any driver installation or instructions other than plug and play. Finally got it set up and the wireless would drop in and out every so often and strength would sometimes fluctuate. Works great with my laptop and iPhone but most if not all of my work has to be done on my desktop.

Does anyone have any good recommendations?

Old 03-15-2012, 11:06 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,196,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tortuga29 View Post
Decided to post this here and maybe some of you tech heads could help me. I recently changed internet providers and wound up having to install the actual wireless router in a different room other than our little "office" area. So desktops are going to need wireless adapters. Which brands have you guys had good success with in terms of strength over distance and low drop rate? I had one that I purchased at WalMart, forget the brand, and although I'm not a total tech n00b, I had to do all kinds of crazy stuff to sit it up. Didn't come with any driver installation or instructions other than plug and play. Finally got it set up and the wireless would drop in and out every so often and strength would sometimes fluctuate. Works great with my laptop and iPhone but most if not all of my work has to be done on my desktop.

Does anyone have any good recommendations?
Here's something to get you started. Read the reviews and take it from there. You also might want to look at extenders/repeaters to expand your coverage.

Newegg.com - Wireless Adapters, PCI Adapter, Wireless-G Adapter

Old 03-16-2012, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Forest View Post
Here's something to get you started. Read the reviews and take it from there. You also might want to look at extenders/repeaters to expand your coverage.

Newegg.com - Wireless Adapters, PCI Adapter, Wireless-G Adapter

Awesome. Thanks a bunch!

Old 03-17-2012, 07:13 AM

12,114 posts, read 15,005,086 times
Happy St. Patricks Day!! Everything is soooo green outside!! To celebrate, hubby is going to be up to his a$$ cutting the grass again. I don't think I have ever seen our grass this THICK! Not to mention the Bluebonnets. Thery are so thick and high this year. Beautiful!!!

Old 03-17-2012, 08:50 AM

1,074 posts, read 1,801,740 times
I am loving the Bluebonnets, but hating the weeds!!!! I have never seen them this big and they are everywhere.

Old 03-17-2012, 10:20 AM

I do want to go see some Bluebonnets. And weeds don't bother me as much. Don'y ask me why but my dogs love to eat them.

Old 03-17-2012, 10:26 AM

1,074 posts, read 1,801,740 times
Then please send your dog over to my front yard so I can get rid of these things!

Old 03-17-2012, 10:39 AM

12,114 posts, read 15,005,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Irish View Post
Then please send your dog over to my front yard so I can get rid of these things!
No!! Pick me! Pick me!!!! If weeds were wheat, I could make a ton of bread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio