Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2007, 01:08 PM

5 posts, read 10,501 times

Advertisements

hi guys
how are
thanks for your help
I need to move to san antonio from houston this coming weekend
I will be working on E Basse Rd San Antonio, TX 78209
I want to live in a safe area and not have to deal with the traffic during rush area.
I have three options so far
what would u recommend
Datapoint app 43D San Antonio, TX 78229 ( IN A TOWNHOUSE)

or

located near the USAA in San antonio Apartment name is Silver Creek 4822 Gus Eckert Rd, San Antonio - (210) 694-0874

or the Crescent or keystone
on basse street

please let me know where should i stay
thanks again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2007, 02:09 PM
lcw

118 posts, read 669,775 times
crescent on basse would be my vote. If you stay on Datapoint you are looking at a communte of about 20 minutes without any traffic.

Old 08-29-2007, 02:57 PM

3,503 posts, read 19,894,397 times
Datapoint and Gus Eckert are in the medical center area that is so congested that it would take 30 minutes to get across town on a good day. I'd go for the Base Rd. apt. near work. The area is good and close to work. Why go across town?

Old 08-29-2007, 03:07 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,373,103 times
Based on your priority of no commute, and safe......the Crescent. The Keystone may be a bit cheaper, but a step down in quality. That being said, the Crescent used to be a very nice apartment community, but I visited their property last January and they looked very run down. The metal garage doors on the property literally had SHEETS of dark blue paint sluffing off of white metal. Be sure to check out the entire complex....not just the "pretty" area around the leasing office. I was told they were in the process of being painted and redone.
They may have new management.....and if you're looking for something long term, ask them if they have knowledge of the property being converted to condos in the near future. Having just lived through that nightmare at the property next door.....it's not pleasant.

Old 08-29-2007, 06:51 PM
Rockin' The TriCities

n/a posts
Ugh, wCat, I didn't know you were a survivor of the townhomes conversion. Who is the genius that came up with that plan? God, what a nightmare. I wonder if they are selling at all.

Back on topic, I vote for the Crescent, or any of the other apartments in the 09 area. There are a ton of little three and four unit complexes in the area around Basse - just drive up and down the streets that lead off of Broadway and you should see the For Rent signs. They don't have the amenities of a big complex, but are often lower drama and much more charming.

Old 08-29-2007, 07:35 PM

Talking thanks guys

can u please tell me the names of three and four unit complexes. since i am not from SA. thanks
or is there a way to look them up online
thanks

Old 08-29-2007, 08:56 PM

3,503 posts, read 19,894,397 times
Most of the 4 plexes and duplexes do not have names. Check the Sunday paper for apts. I stopped advertsing in the newspaper when I have a vacancy in any of my 4 plexes or duplexes and put up my own sign. I get lots of traffic. The newspaper charges an arm and a leg to put in a 4 or 5 line ad and if your deemed commercial(I was) the price doubles.
Most of the owners I know in the area do the same.
Best advice is to drive up and down and call some of the numbers on any signs. also ask landlords if they know of anyone who has a 1 or 2 available.
If your able, get a hotel for a few days until you find the one you want.
I hope this helps, and welcome to SA.
Another positive addition to the city.

Old 08-30-2007, 09:23 AM
Rockin' The TriCities

n/a posts
In college, we always found apartments by going block by block in a preferred area and calling every number on every For Rent sign. It's also a good way to find out what other properties a landlord owns and might have coming available.

Old 08-30-2007, 12:35 PM

Default thanks guys

now i think i will stay in town suites for a while
it should be ok

i hope
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: