Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 07:29 AM

2,312 posts, read 3,666,180 times

Advertisements

Was talking with a neighbor last night who is a SAPD officer, and was just doing small talk and asked him how work was going. You could tell it must be getting close to the holidays. He said all his shifts this week have been back to back to back calls for residential and car break in burglaries. He said its really bad this year and he has been an officer for 14 years. Just a friendly reminder to be vigilant. Criminals suck in general, but always terrible to have these things happen during the holidays.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2011, 09:11 AM

171 posts, read 311,514 times
If one is going through rough times. Economy, jobs, and all. Has to resort to stealing food for their family. Then that sucks. I can't condone it, but can understand it a little. However If one is just lazy and doesn't work. That gets me pretty tee'd off. Working hard to have a place and whatever luxuries you can afford only to have some scum-of-the-earth break in and take it because they don't want to work themselves. I would know. I had my car stolen. House broken into and then my Apt. Losing several hundred dollars worth of import hard to find CD's from europe.
Reminds me of my friend. When he moved into his new house. Some kids broke in Took a couple of flatscreens and 3 PS3's. All from his kids rooms. They tried to take the 50' TV in the living room, but was bolted to well to the wall. What sucks as they were pulling into the driveway, the burglers were running out the back door.

Old 12-16-2011, 01:09 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,994,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraptree View Post
If one is going through rough times. Economy, jobs, and all. Has to resort to stealing food for their family. Then that sucks. I can't condone it, but can understand it a little.
Bull****! Stealing is stealing, and there is no justification for it!

People in real need have options, especially when it comes to food; but those who are breaking into vehicles and homes are lazy peckerheads and I hope they make the mistake of going into a residence while an armed owner is at home!

Old 12-16-2011, 01:29 PM

61,736 posts, read 87,172,581 times
I am not sure how it works, but does customer has a choice to pick up the parcel at UPS/FedEx location if indicated in order? Is there such option?
I have the same problem with the ways how parcels are delivered. When I realized that they would just leave it at the front door, I changed the delivery address, and now I get all my stuff delivered to my work.

Old 12-16-2011, 01:53 PM

168 posts, read 409,423 times
Hubby became victim of smash and grab in Alamo Ranch shopping center last week. SAPD and shopping center security stated these criminals have all the time in the word to sit and watch for their next victim to come along!

Old 12-16-2011, 03:07 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,883,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraptree View Post
If one is going through rough times. Economy, jobs, and all. Has to resort to stealing food for their family. Then that sucks. I can't condone it, but can understand it a little.
If somebody has no money at all and no food, they can go and get food stamps that same day. Not an excuse for stealing.

Old 12-16-2011, 03:40 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,729,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
If somebody has no money at all and no food, they can go and get food stamps that same day. Not an excuse for stealing.
I think their point was that it was NOT ok, but that they understood why. Doesnt mean they shouldnt be punished for it.

Old 12-16-2011, 03:49 PM

1,074 posts, read 1,801,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I am not sure how it works, but does customer has a choice to pick up the parcel at UPS/FedEx location if indicated in order? Is there such option?
I have the same problem with the ways how parcels are delivered. When I realized that they would just leave it at the front door, I changed the delivery address, and now I get all my stuff delivered to my work.
Yup, I ordered from Amazon this year. They came by this week when I was at work and left me a note saying to pick up my order at my nearest post office. However, the previous Amazon order was left at my doorstep. Don't know why? Perhaps it is the size of the order???

Old 12-16-2011, 04:03 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,729,447 times
I got VERY lucky this year. I work from home so I am here for every delivery. Last week my kitchen faucet went out. At 6pm I went to Home Depot. No packages at the door and none when I got home. My wife got home from work at 7pm. No packages at the door. The next morning she happened to go outside at 5am to put something in the trash. There was a package at the door. The iPhone I ordered for my daughter. Must have come very late that night. Usually UPS delivers to us around 6pm during the holidays (earlier when not holidays).

Old 12-16-2011, 04:19 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,994,816 times
This all sounds so familiar!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio