Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 06:12 PM

734 posts, read 3,016,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEE90 View Post
I would definitely have concerns about Roan Park becoming a thoroughfare if it was connected to Stone Oak Parkway. I can see, however, how that would benefit people who live in the "northern part" of the Roan Forest boundary. By the way, Bulverde Road is going to be expanded from Evans to Marshall Road. It is part of the bond package that passed. For some reason, it was a separate line item from the project to expand Bulverde from 1604 to Evans. I think it had something to do with NEISD and the Cibolo Canyons developer paying for part of the Bulverde Rd expansion north of Evans, whereas the city is paying for the entire expansion from 1604 to Evans. BTW, does anyone know the timeline for the Bulverde Rd expansion?
Ahhh... then I think I misunderstood the principal. He said they were stepping up the expansion up to Evan's Road and I think I assumed it meant going from 1604 north. I guess it meant from Marshall to Evan's, which makes sense now!

I don't know what the timeline is but I know they will want it done before August of 2008! I don't see anything getting started on it though...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2007, 04:57 PM

116 posts, read 452,724 times
Default Doubtful

Bulverde Road expansion before August 2008 sure would be nice, but I drive on Tezel (NW side) everyday and they've been widening that thing for what seems like FOREVER!

Old 09-07-2007, 02:32 AM

3,247 posts, read 9,052,777 times
Bulverde at 1604 to Bulverde at Marshall will be a parking lot during rush hour

Old 09-07-2007, 06:33 AM

1,439 posts, read 3,884,865 times
We live in the neighborhood at the corner of Bulverde and Evans across from Walgreens. Bulverde already gets conjested at rush hour so I can't imagine what the High School is going to do. Every direction you go from our house hits a school zone and it is a big factor in when my lovely husband leaves in the morning. It is going to be a rough if they don't get the expansion done BEFORE the High School opens!!!!

Old 09-13-2007, 09:02 AM

17 posts, read 84,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaterry78259 View Post
What about traffic concerns in the area. Bulverde and Evans will become one great parking lot. I know they are fininshing the Mansion townhouses in the area.

..will BE one great parking Lot??? It already is most of the time. The gross overdevelopment before planned infrastructure/road improvements just baffles me.

The city has plans to improve the intersection at Bulverde and Evans, with construction to begin in 3rd quarter, lasting about a year to complete. Just imagine your commute with construction paced about 1/4 as fast as development : )

Old 09-13-2007, 10:57 AM

1,740 posts, read 5,746,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little_thirsty View Post
We live in the neighborhood at the corner of Bulverde and Evans across from Walgreens. Bulverde already gets conjested at rush hour so I can't imagine what the High School is going to do. Every direction you go from our house hits a school zone and it is a big factor in when my lovely husband leaves in the morning. It is going to be a rough if they don't get the expansion done BEFORE the High School opens!!!!
What neighborhood did you end up moving into? I know you looked at Churchill forest at one time.

Old 09-14-2007, 05:54 PM

852 posts, read 3,815,049 times
Those areas adjacent to 281, with the signals and blizzard of homes, were not planned well from a regional point of view.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio