Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 11:09 AM

170 posts, read 291,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro72 View Post
Don’t believe everything you hear just because someone in City Data posted it.
That's why I'm asking for a source!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2012, 11:09 AM

810 posts, read 1,427,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hschulz3 View Post
How about:

Ikea
Trader Joe's
Fry's Electronics
In-N-Out
REI
Lucky Strike Lanes

Did I miss anything?
Dream on…TJ and In-N-Out are probably happening but not the rest. At least not anytime soon in SA for many reasons.

Bringing back West Elm and adding Crate & Barrel would be nice but doubtful that will happen in the near future. At least not at Bulverde Market place for sure. Not the right demographic in that area. Walmart would be a better fit there (not that we need anymore Walmarts here).

Old 02-13-2012, 01:30 PM

501 posts, read 950,145 times
Quote:
Don’t believe everything you hear just because someone in City Data posted it.
That true of the internet itself.

But I don't make things up nor post anything that I am not 100 percent sure about.

Old 02-13-2012, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badalchemist View Post
That's why I'm asking for a source!
The source is the developer of the shopping center, GFR Development.

Old 02-13-2012, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Dream on…TJ and In-N-Out are probably happening but not the rest. At least not anytime soon in SA for many reasons.

Bringing back West Elm and adding Crate & Barrel would be nice but doubtful that will happen in the near future. At least not at Bulverde Market place for sure. Not the right demographic in that area. Walmart would be a better fit there (not that we need anymore Walmarts here).
You misread my post or someone elses post. The only thing I said about Bulverde Village was a Fry's is planned for the shopping center.

That's it.

As for TJ's, that's going in at Quarry Village.

I am hearing a possible C&B may go in at Eilan third or fourth qt. of 2012.

Old 02-14-2012, 11:46 AM

487 posts, read 993,082 times
Quote:

What are the reasons exactly? I'm very curious.

Old 02-14-2012, 11:54 AM

487 posts, read 993,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teenwolf80 View Post
You misread my post or someone elses post. The only thing I said about Bulverde Village was a Fry's is planned for the shopping center.

That's it.

As for TJ's, that's going in at Quarry Village.

I am hearing a possible C&B may go in at Eilan third or fourth qt. of 2012.
So, I did a quick comparative analysis on Fry's. If we believe Best Buy is the closest thing, and presence of Best Buys would be a good proxy to the potential demand for a fry's, then we have the following:
- Dallas/Forth Worth: 10 best buys (according to google maps) and 4 fry's (according to fry's website).
- Houston area: 9 best buys, 3 fry's
- Auston: 3 best buys, 1 fry's

So, it looks like there is about 1 fry's for every 3 best buys. In San Antonio we have 6 best buys. That means there seems to be enough demand for 2 fry's in the city. I can easily see on in the 1604/I35 area and one in the 1604/I10.

My two cents.

Old 02-14-2012, 12:21 PM

69 posts, read 96,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amexicano View Post
So, I did a quick comparative analysis on Fry's. If we believe Best Buy is the closest thing, and presence of Best Buys would be a good proxy to the potential demand for a fry's, then we have the following:
- Dallas/Forth Worth: 10 best buys (according to google maps) and 4 fry's (according to fry's website).

So, it looks like there is about 1 fry's for every 3 best buys. In San Antonio we have 6 best buys. That means there seems to be enough demand for 2 fry's in the city. I can easily see on in the 1604/I35 area and one in the 1604/I10.

My two cents.

Maybe. I don't know about Houston, but Dallas and Austin also have relatively large tech sectors which support the more geek/engineer oriented Fry's over Best Buy. As San Antonio continues to develop its information security sector and gets more server farms like the ones off 151, I think the area will become a larger draw for Fry's. Fry's has awful customer service (I always feel like I got a full TSA workover after going through checkout there), but it has a broad selection and very competitive prices. Competition is good - it will keep the other box stores here honest.

Old 02-14-2012, 01:22 PM

170 posts, read 291,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amexicano View Post

My two cents.
But San Antonio has 3 Altex locations while Austin, Dallas, and Houston each have 1. Maybe those are soaking up some of the demand.

Old 02-14-2012, 02:04 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,797,292 times
Quote:

http://gfrdevelopment.com/bulverde/bulverdemarketplace113009.pdf (broken link)

Unless I am misunderstanding the data from the link above, looks like demographics are well above the Wal-mart crowd for the Bulverde area.

Maybe you should actually research demographics before you keep making comments about San Antonio's demographics.

Average income is between $81,000 to $84,000.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio