Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2012, 05:15 PM

952 posts, read 2,634,576 times

Advertisements

Thursday is our day of pickup and today found our garage cart on the curb rather than on the road, and our garbage bags still in there. No illegal trash in the cart except the normal black bin bags.

I called the (210) 207-6428 number left a voice message - not sure if someone will get back to me or respond to me vm.

has this happen to anyone before, did you call to complain or just waited until the next pick up to see if they properly collect your trash or not?

not sure if my entire street was missed. I called 311 and lodged a case, the guy said it can take up to 3 business days so if not tomorrow or sat then they will collect Monday, i asked him will I have to wait till the next collection next Thursday and he told me no, that my report has been filed. Earliest pick up could be tomorrow. We'll wait and see I guess.

please advise.
ta!

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 02-23-2012 at 06:42 PM.. Reason: consecutive posts by same OP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2012, 06:05 PM

9,851 posts, read 13,698,680 times
Could your day have changed due to President's Day. I'm not sure if that happened or not, though.

Old 02-23-2012, 06:35 PM

4,329 posts, read 7,235,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
Could your day have changed due to President's Day. I'm not sure if that happened or not, though.
President's Day was not observed as a City holiday this year. My scheduled recycling pickup day is on Mondays, and mine was picked up as usual this past Monday (President's Day).

When I was still on the old manual garbage/recycling pickup, and we had just the small green recycling bins, there were a few times they weren't able to get to my street on the scheduled Thursday recycling day (but the separate garbage crews always picked up the Thursday garbage). In each case, we all just left our bins out overnight, and they picked up on Friday, instead.

I haven't experienced any missed days since being converted to the automated pickup.

Old 02-23-2012, 11:57 PM

61,722 posts, read 87,123,005 times
It was a recycling collection ( blue cart) day, no?
Mine was empty.

Old 02-24-2012, 12:07 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,877,109 times
Sometimes they don't have enough personnel I guess since it has happened a couple of times to just one side of the block.

Old 02-24-2012, 12:49 PM

169 posts, read 428,799 times
i assume by your post that you are serviced by the city, not a business. here is the city's holiday schedule on the website: City of San Antonio | Official Web Site - Solid Waste Management Department it appears to not be updated past January, so Presidents' Day might have been a holiday and then it would likely be picked up the next day.

Having said all that, working for a commercial trash company in Houston, I see that most times there is a good reason why it was not picked up. Was it to the curb on time? Usually needs to be at he curb before 7am. Another thing I could imagine with what you describe is the bags or can too heavy to lift? or could the bags have been stuck in he can and didn't fall out when it was lifted?

If neighbor also didn't get pickup and it was not delayed due to the holiday, then the did likely miss you and a call to 311 should be made. Keep in mind though they will likely not rush out to get you, nor will they credit your account. They likely will agree to the fact that you will have excess garbage for the next pickup date and that wont be a problem.

Old 02-24-2012, 06:04 PM

4,329 posts, read 7,235,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m48xhp View Post
i assume by your post that you are serviced by the city, not a business. here is the city's holiday schedule on the website: City of San Antonio | Official Web Site - Solid Waste Management Department it appears to not be updated past January, so Presidents' Day might have been a holiday and then it would likely be picked up the next day.

Another thing I could imagine with what you describe is the bags or can too heavy to lift? or could the bags have been stuck in he can and didn't fall out when it was lifted?
We can rule out President's Day as being a factor for City of San Antonio Solid Waste, as it was NOT observed as a City holiday, as I posted earlier. My recycling was picked up as normal on President's Day. The link in your post above states: "City crews will work all other holidays not listed on the schedule below through October 2012".

Being too heavy can pretty much be ruled out, as San Antonio's service now uses the automated lifts. That leaves either street was missed, customer was missed, garbage was stuck inside can, or can was not accessible at the time of pickup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio