Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 07:01 PM

5 posts, read 11,978 times

Advertisements

Hey guys I'm planning my daughters 2nd birthday, I need a place to have it. ANy suggestions? Majority of the guest are adults, but we need a lil place we can at least play with the kids..let me know. thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2012, 07:08 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,665,184 times
Chuck E Cheese. Cant go wrong with a big rat walkin around

Old 02-26-2012, 08:46 PM

288 posts, read 926,555 times
What are you looking for? There are quite a few places, but depends on if you want entertainment, space, food, etc. If you just want a place where adults can hang and kids can play, try Bigz. The location on 151 is not crowded like the 1604 location. If you want the kids to be entertained, but no food other than pizza, try one of the bounce house places. There is one in Rolling Oaks Mall, but the one at Crossroads is horrible and gross. If you want to spend waaaay too much money, try Peter Piper or Chuck E. Cheese. We took my almost two year old to Peter Piper a few weeks ago, and he was too young. It was more frustrating for us to follow him around compared to the fun he had. There is a place on San Pedro, not sure of the name, but it's indoors with big wooden climb-on things. On I-10 you can rent a pavilion at Rainbow Play Systems and there are trampolines and playsets. You bring all your own food and decor. Not sure if they allow alcohol. Fiesta Farms is always great for the kids, but you only get a 3 hours time slot. So, all in all, we are having our 2nd bday party at home with food and moon bounce! Because we too just really want a chance for the adults to get together

Old 02-26-2012, 09:03 PM
stc

43 posts, read 89,705 times
Pump it Up - a bunch of inflatable stuff. May be a little old if there are ONLY two year olds. But, great party place for kids.

Old 02-27-2012, 07:54 AM

4,307 posts, read 9,556,254 times
If you will have more adults than kids, and most kids will be 2 or under, I'd suggest a park. I've been to parties at just about all the theme places. While they are ok if you have lots of kids, they generally are not at all fun for adults and some can be more stressful than others. At a park with a playground, there's usually space for kids to play and adults to relax.

Old 02-27-2012, 02:49 PM

206 posts, read 464,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
If you will have more adults than kids, and most kids will be 2 or under, I'd suggest a park. I've been to parties at just about all the theme places. While they are ok if you have lots of kids, they generally are not at all fun for adults and some can be more stressful than others. At a park with a playground, there's usually space for kids to play and adults to relax.
I second that. All the little kids in my family and when I was little had birthdays either at a park or in the backyard. Once your kid is a little bigger, Kiddie Park is awesome. For now, you (or you and some family) can rent a moon bounce and let the kids loose. You can bbq hot dogs for the kids, and real food for the adults, and everyone can hang out without the stress of a time limit or 4000 screaming kids who aren't your own.

Old 02-27-2012, 04:58 PM

5 posts, read 11,978 times
Thank you guys for the suggestions, I'll look into those places.

Old 02-28-2012, 02:35 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,461,778 times
Parks are a good place. you have mcarthur park that has pavilion and a playground. then there are parks where it is first come first serve, but there are not electical outlets on those. Depending on when you do your party you have to decide if the cold is going to play a factor. You can always go with an airbrush face painting, that it something both the kids and adults really enjoy. if you dont want it on your face you can get it as tattoos. It is different from traditional face painting. there is the company in SA that is good and have many designs. it is san antonio fantasy faces. just google them. they also do balloons stuff.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:18 AM

20 posts, read 47,665 times
I like the idea of Bigz as suggested above or maybe MoMaks?

Old 02-29-2012, 07:39 AM

208 posts, read 382,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
bingo, add to the fact that all the commotion of a theme joint with older kids running around is gonna freak your daughter out . part of the parenting process is putting some effort into planning your children's party .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio