Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 07:43 AM

1,740 posts, read 5,745,931 times

Advertisements

You don't want gates - it adds to the cost of your HOA dues - significantly - and doesn't really add security. How many people have just followed someone through gates because they don't have an opener or the code. When you put gates up on a neighborhood the HOA then owns the roads/signage and must repair and maintain them over the long term.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2007, 07:51 PM

734 posts, read 3,016,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaterry78259 View Post
Is Fox Grove going to be gated after the PGA village opens up? The entrance road to Fox Grove will go all the way to Stone Oak Pkwy passing throught PGA Village, the new LBJHS and the the Shopping center on 281. Beside the PGA village what other commerical establishments are planned for East Evans? Will they widen East Evans? They may have to build another north south road that connects to 1604

There are arguments against gates, but with the road to the golf course being directly across, people may want to because I feel that we'll have increased traffic due to golf course visitors getting lost. Not that they will be a detriment to the neighborhood though. I think it would be great if the road connected to Bulverde somehow, like over by Bulverde Creek school - but that would make traffic on Dusty Canyon. There aren't houses on it right now, it is a main thouroughfare - but people might oppose it.

They should widen Evans, but not sure if they will. They prepped for that last year by putting all the utilities underground a while back. Not sure about anything commercial now, since there aren't any open lots right now - but east of the golf course and apartments there could be room for something. There is a flood plain for about 1/4 mile from the edge of Fox Grove eastward. They won't build anything there. We are hoping for higher end stores, grocery (Trader Joes!) and restaurants near the Marriott.

Old 10-20-2007, 08:57 PM

116 posts, read 452,678 times
Default Gates...

The only reason I would want a gate at the Fox Grove entrance would be if there were another entrance to the neighborhood (that would obviously have to be gated too) just to prevent Dusty Canyon from becoming a major thouroughfare since chances are the gate would go up long before Bulverde or Evans would ever be completely widened. Now that it looks like they have begun clearing the back lots in Fox Grove I'm curious to see what happens.

Old 10-21-2007, 08:16 AM

616 posts, read 2,083,858 times
The main complaint I have heard against gates from my friends who live in gated areas is that they tend to break down or have issues with the box that dials in and lets you open the gate. Last weekend, I drove one of my friends home late and had to climb over the gate and walk home because we couldn't get the call box to work. She said she wasn't surprised and in fact it happened pretty frequently. I would be annoyed if that happened even though I was paying hefty dollars to the HOA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio