Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 05:06 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,455,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello13685 View Post
Actually, I had many happy decades before moving to San Antonio. And I'm very well aware of my issues, the latest involving my attempts at finding a culture in which its members look up words like "stereotype" in the dictionary before they attempt to use them correctly... No, I want more. I want to live where people don't even have to look it up. They just know what it means.
OK...you WERE happy BEFORE moving to SA (that does not fly, people that are "happy" don't make changes to something that is good for them; and an "attempting to find a culture" means you are in search of something that you feel you are needed/wanted in your life to make you "happy"...somewhere to "fit in".

So, you choose to move to SA, you don't like it, but you FAIL to take responsibility to do something about it, you just want everyone to listen to your constant gripes about somewhere we enjoy. This forum is very giving...EVERYONE has a gripe now and then, EVERYONE has a bad day, but MOST of us have good days in between where we are either helpful or positive on this forum.

As a mental health nurse, I can tell you and ANYONE ELSE (NOT specific to you alone) that true happiness comes from within...if you ain't happy there, no where you "go" to is going to be able to fill the void. If you ARE happy within, then most things seem to fall into place or at least be manageable where ever you end up.

Old 10-05-2007, 06:09 AM

427 posts, read 1,174,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello13685 View Post
Actually, I had many happy decades before moving to San Antonio. And I'm very well aware of my issues, the latest involving my attempts at finding a culture in which its members look up words like "stereotype" in the dictionary before they attempt to use them correctly... No, I want more. I want to live where people don't even have to look it up. They just know what it means.
With all due respect I'm getting tired of hearing how unintelligent and uneducated I am. If you don't think your statements are a form of stereotyping then I think you need to look the word up yourself.

It seems to me that someone who is highly educated and intelligent and secure in the fact that they are well above people living in a certain area wouldn't have to repeatedly make blanket statements about those that they are superior to.

It's VERY rare that I have to open a dictionary to find the meaning of a word, I'm intelligent enough to google it instead.

Old 10-05-2007, 06:18 AM

3,111 posts, read 9,208,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
As a mental health nurse, I can tell you and ANYONE ELSE (NOT specific to you alone) that true happiness comes from within...if you ain't happy there, no where you "go" to is going to be able to fill the void. If you ARE happy within, then most things seem to fall into place or at least be manageable where ever you end up.
Paka, this is so very true. If you are happy within then everything you do reflects this. Same goes if you are unhappy.

Old 10-05-2007, 06:24 AM

3,111 posts, read 9,208,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlamoCpl View Post
With all due respect I'm getting tired of hearing how unintelligent and uneducated I am. If you don't think your statements are a form of stereotyping then I think you need to look the word up yourself.
I totally agree with you. How do you think I felt when I got a direct message from XXXXXX telling me that all Texans are stupid.

Back on subject. San Antonio is a great city. Well actually, I think I am in love with TEXAS. I don't live in SA but I work here, I think I would be happy no matter which Texas city I lived in as long as I have God, my family and my health.
I wish that for everyone because like I always say "life is too short".

Old 10-05-2007, 01:17 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
so the hill country actually gets color changes? where would be a good place to find it? I haven't seen that since I was in Bosnia in 2005

Old 10-05-2007, 04:45 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,032,679 times
Go to Lost Maples. It's supposed to be beautiful in the fall.

Old 10-05-2007, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Go to Lost Maples. It's supposed to be beautiful in the fall.
Oh yes, check the Los Maples website and it will actually tell you the status of the leaves and color changes...fun, fun and most beautiful.

Be sure to take a camera and LOTS of film/MB space if a digital! You will think you are on the East Coast!!!

Old 10-06-2007, 01:16 AM

32 posts, read 130,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
And I can tell you, as a business professional, that that's total bs. Happiness comes from not just within but also from interacting with like-minded, or educated (a trait that is most definitely lacking amongst most San Antonians) individuals. Atleast for me it does.

Despite having lived in San Antonio for nearly three years now, I can unequivically state that I will NEVER be happy here, and I'm sure hello feels the same way. The population demographics here are more reminiscint of southern Arkansas than New York.

Old 10-06-2007, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
And I can tell you, as a business professional, that that's total bs. Happiness comes from not just within but also from interacting with like-minded, or educated (a trait that is most definitely lacking amongst most San Antonians) individuals. Atleast for me it does.

Despite having lived in San Antonio for nearly three years now, I can unequivically state that I will NEVER be happy here, and I'm sure hello feels the same way. The population demographics here are more reminiscint of southern Arkansas than New York.
"DENIAL" is more than just a river in Egypt.....'nuf said! FYI...this household and its children hold a 2 Associates, 1 BS, 1 MS and 3 PhD's so PLEASE do not tell ME about education, its value or importance. The only difference between us and you is we are not snotty about our education, it was derived for personal goals/challenges. Any amount of higher education only makes you more knowledgable, it does NOTHING to make you a better person. I suppose that means that IF your argument of being among the "educated" WERE valid (and it is NOT)...I win! A jerk with a PhD is still a jerk!

Last edited by Paka; 10-06-2007 at 04:37 AM..

Old 10-06-2007, 07:18 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,032,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post

I always get tickled when these super-educated and sophisticated ones can't seem to get a simple sentence banged out right. It just makes them look silly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio