Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2012, 06:11 PM

169 posts, read 428,841 times

Advertisements

Let me first state that I am NOT asking which place to live...

I grew up in Boerne, so I am wanting to compare it to Floresville. I am being relocated for work to Kenedy, and Floresville is smack in the middle of Kenedy and downtown SA (so wife can find work).

I dont expect anyone to tell me Floresville is just as good, but having grown up in Boerne, would I enjoy living in Floresville? It does seem like the nicest suburb on the southeast side and drove through today and kinda liked it! But is it safe? Are there enough shops and restaurants to enjoy?

For those used to the area, what are the nicest neighborhoods?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2012, 10:26 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,409,476 times
I gotta tell you, we go to Floresville for the peanut festival each year and I think it's a very sweet, slow, old-fashioned kind of little town. Not as "hip" as Boerne but it's got its own charms. I think it's cute.

Old 11-24-2012, 10:49 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,878,067 times
Things are going to be a bit more expensive than before due to Eagle Ford Shale. You will be competing with managers and executives from the oil and gas industry also wanting to live there. When the boom is over they will also all be moving away.

As of now home prices have risen at least 10k from last year bringing the median price of a home throughout the area to the low 200k mark but the better homes sit between the 250-300k+ range.

It will cost between 1,500 and 1,800 for a 3/2 home if you are just renting but demand is so high that even smaller, more rundown homes up for rent are being snatched up.

This will be the first time I have ever heard Floresville called a "suburb" although it is part of the San Antonio Metropolitan Statistical Area. There is both an H-E-B and a Walmart in Floresville but anything else you might need within necessity can be found at CityBase. For more luxury items such as apparel you will have to trek out at least to the Quarry or Northstar. Rivercenter is also OK.

One more item that might interest you. The north and northwestern part of Wilson county has shifting sands. I know they extend all the way to Elmendorf at least. Homes in those areas, regardless of the cost now because of the boom, will fall back to their natural prices eventually.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:14 PM

thanks for the info!

any other opinions welcome

Old 12-28-2012, 07:18 AM

216 posts, read 399,045 times
I lived in Floresville for twenty years, great place to raise your children if you have any, or wish to have. It's kinda ironic because now I live in Boerne. I like it here okay but I will always have fond memories of Floresville because of my kids. By the way if you haven't been to Boerne lately it is really making some changes. They built a really nice "river walk" which is actually a walkway along the river I'd say it's a mile long. They are building a multi-plex movie theater on the South end of town at IH 10 and Cascade Caverns rd. I sure hope they do something about that freeway exit, it is a horrible mess and dangerous

Old 01-03-2013, 08:10 PM

looks like due to limited availability of rentals in the area, we found a place in Elmendorf. We'll probably use Floresville as our HEB/Walmart hub though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio