Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 09:42 PM

265 posts, read 534,697 times

Advertisements

I have absolutely NO sympathy for the 'victims' of Bexar Towing. I manage a facility downtown that is literally a stone's throw from the Bexar County Courthouse. Invariably several times a day, some jackleg in total disregard for anyone else, feels they are above the law and helps themselves to our parking spots. All of this despite the fact that there are 7 no parking/parking for tenant only/violators will be towed at own expense signs on the facility-one for each parking spot. I have absolutely NO sympathy for people-I should say squatters-who feel righteously indignant and entitled to help themselves to free parking. They are in fact trespassing and committing the act of theft of service. My tenants pay a hefty premium for their parking spots and are entitled to and have a reasonable expectation of unbridled access to their spot anytime. When a squatter helps him/herself to the spot, the tenant is forced to seek parking somewhere else, at added expense and risk being late for court or appointments all of which are completely unwarranted and unreasonable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2013, 12:34 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,878,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodmanm View Post
Finding legit parking if you are unfamiliar with the area is the issue.

Outside of checking out the tourist sites there's not been that much to get me to go downtown. The towing issue outside the city center is generally centered around apartment complexes and businesses. At any rate, I'm just expressing a personal opinion, so CHILL!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee W. View Post
It's not just one person who feels like that. I avoid going downtown more than once a year and it's mostly because of the parking hassles.
You are both right in pointing out the parking situation as a weakness for Downtown.

I forgot when I was less accustomed to going and I used to drive around in circles getting stressed out. Funny how you forget such things once you learn better. Parking is no longer the same hassle for me since I know where to park for different events (depends where it is at and if packed or not, if packed park far away, if hot wear long sleeves, a hat, sunscreen, and walk slower and you will be fine), shopping (no longer in the garage), or just to spend time walking around (:

I avoid all tourists sites! Downtown is bigger than that and hopefully grows more resident friendly soon.

The City should focus on this and clearly make better (higher visibility) signage and have one uniform format for listing rates so that every parking, privately and city owned, would have to have similar signs clearly showing rates in the same color scheme. Of course the prices themselves can be decided by the owners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohogirl View Post
i avoid due to the high crime rate, the bums, the thugs etc etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancho-Villa View Post
I avoid downtown as well...for most of the same reasons. Most of my neighbors feel the same.
This is a stereotype. I used to avoid Downtown for the same reasons until I joined this forum, made the same complaint, and was told otherwise.

I went and no longer feel scared. Of course there will always be certain types I stay away from as casually as possible because I am easily intimated as well but no longer to an unreasonable level that I avoid Town totally.

Thanks CD'ers.

Spoiler
The vagrants also mostly left to Haven for Hope or areas around that neighborhood outside of Downtown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John911 View Post
I have absolutely NO sympathy for the 'victims' of Bexar Towing. I manage a facility downtown that is literally a stone's throw from the Bexar County Courthouse. Invariably several times a day, some jackleg in total disregard for anyone else, feels they are above the law and helps themselves to our parking spots. All of this despite the fact that there are 7 no parking/parking for tenant only/violators will be towed at own expense signs on the facility-one for each parking spot. I have absolutely NO sympathy for people-I should say squatters-who feel righteously indignant and entitled to help themselves to free parking. They are in fact trespassing and committing the act of theft of service. My tenants pay a hefty premium for their parking spots and are entitled to and have a reasonable expectation of unbridled access to their spot anytime. When a squatter helps him/herself to the spot, the tenant is forced to seek parking somewhere else, at added expense and risk being late for court or appointments all of which are completely unwarranted and unreasonable.
What you are saying is right but I believe BN has already written an adequate response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas View Post
That's not the issue, so let's stay on topic. In San Antonio, there's a limit on how much they can charge... That's black and white. They've abused that and now are getting their hands slapped for taking advantage of folks. I say good on that.

Rules apply to everyone: Exactly. If tow companies would also follow the law, we wouldn't be having this discussion in the first place.

BN

Last edited by Merovee; 01-26-2013 at 12:42 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio